Hello all. Is there a way to set up my phone as a new device in iTunes without restoring? I can't do a restore but I want to set it up in iTunes as if it's never been plugged in there before. I tried deleting all backups, resetting sync history, I even went into Application Data/iTunes and completely deleted every folder in there. It still has all the info on my phone...any help?

Thanks!
    07-02-2011 11:39 PM
    Why exactly can't you do a restore?
    07-03-2011 02:20 AM
    Don't think you can. Not sure that this is within the scope of iTunes. Maybe in future releases but not currently.
    07-03-2011 05:56 AM
    Okay, I read about your battery issue on another forum. I'd definitely try a visit to an Apple storejust say you cant get it to update and don't mention the battery. Since you're on AT&T I assume you wouldn't mind if your baseband got updated, for instance if they could update you to 4.3.3?
    07-03-2011 10:09 AM
    Okay, I read about your battery issue on another forum. I'd definitely try a visit to an Apple storejust say you cant get it to update and don't mention the battery. Since you're on AT&T I assume you wouldn't mind if your baseband got updated, for instance if they could update you to 4.3.3?
    You're absolutely right, I don't mind at all. And if I switched carriers, I'd just go to the iPad Baseband, that method has always worked for me before. However the nearest Apple store isn't near at all but this is definitely an idea worth considering. It's just that, with a jailbroken, used, craigslist phone I'm not sure they would help me. I'm really hoping to get the phone number from the previous owner so I can get in touch with the people who put the wrong battery in here...

Thanks again!
    07-03-2011 08:44 PM
    Don't think you can. Not sure that this is within the scope of iTunes. Maybe in future releases but not currently.
    Aww. I hope you're wrong, but you might just be right
    07-03-2011 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD