Set up as new device in iTunes without restoring

kylezo

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. Is there a way to set up my phone as a new device in iTunes without restoring? I can't do a restore but I want to set it up in iTunes as if it's never been plugged in there before. I tried deleting all backups, resetting sync history, I even went into Application Data/iTunes and completely deleted every folder in there. It still has all the info on my phone...any help?

Thanks!

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Don't think you can. Not sure that this is within the scope of iTunes. Maybe in future releases but not currently.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I read about your battery issue on another forum. I'd definitely try a visit to an Apple store?just say you cant get it to update and don't mention the battery. Since you're on AT&T I assume you wouldn't mind if your baseband got updated, for instance if they could update you to 4.3.3?

kylezo

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I read about your battery issue on another forum. I'd definitely try a visit to an Apple store?just say you cant get it to update and don't mention the battery. Since you're on AT&T I assume you wouldn't mind if your baseband got updated, for instance if they could update you to 4.3.3?

You're absolutely right, I don't mind at all. And if I switched carriers, I'd just go to the iPad Baseband, that method has always worked for me before. However the nearest Apple store isn't near at all :( but this is definitely an idea worth considering. It's just that, with a jailbroken, used, craigslist phone I'm not sure they would help me. I'm really hoping to get the phone number from the previous owner so I can get in touch with the people who put the wrong battery in here...

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW