iTunes store down?

artdeco

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
iTunes store: warning re: upgrading songs to iTunes plus

Sorry...not sure where to post this. I just purchased an upgrade for over 900 of my DRM protected songs to iTunes plus. I keep getting error that the network connection was lost when iTunes checked for the downloads. I was able to connect only twice, where it only allowed 70 songs to be downloaded at a time. I am on a MacBook pro with the latest OS on both my Mac and iTunes. I have spent hours trying to download these songs. Please help! Is iTunes store down? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

artdeco

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Update:

After many, many frustrating hours, my songs are finally downloaded. AppleCare confirmed the issue was NOT user error or my internet connection, but the iTunes servers. So as a warning to everyone, if you are updating your songs DO IT IN INCREMENTS smaller than 250 songs at a time EVEN THOUGH ITUNES ENCOURAGES YOU TO UPGRADE ALL AT ONCE. More than 200 or so songs locks up iTunes at checking for downloads menu requiring you to stay at your computer repeatedly clicking on check for downloads after the time out until a connection can be maintained. When a connection is finally maintained (taking up to one hour and more than 25 tries)'then only 70 songs at a time are loaded (until you reach the magical under 250 number) necessitating a log out of iTunes, and another round of clicking repeatedly on look for downloads until a connection is maintained...sigh!

To mods: I tried to change title of this thread to reflect to reflect warning on how to upgrade iTunes songs, but was unable.

Last edited:

artdeco

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
New update:

Today the nightmare continues. Logged into iTunes to see it shows I have over 900 downloads ready..EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE BEEN DOWNLOADED! This means I can't buy anything new from itunes and download until these are downloaded! So I am downloading...it will takes hours...and further, it is making duplicates. of all these songs that I will need to delete. There is no guarantee after this is done if it will keep showing these 900 songs to be downloaded...again and again. Oh, and btw, I have email correspondence with the iTunes customer service. They say they will respond within 24 hours, it took over 48. She apologized for my inconvenience, but has no recommendations for a fix. Any help appreciated from your guys! Thanks!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I can't get to the iTunes store OR the Mac App Store... both try to connect but end up being totally unresponsive...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh