Help accessing my Itunes account

Antoto

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. Not sure if I'm in the right forum for this issue, but maybe someone can help me out.
Just got a second hand Ipod Touch from CL and when trying to log in in the app store or itunes but the prior owner's email account log in screen keep popping out. That's annoying. can you help me log in into my own account? I tried loggin in in Itunes from my PC and sync my device but no luck. Any one? Thanks!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Try going to Settings>Store and tap on the old account. Choose Sign Out and then sign in with your own.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Just delete the email address and put in your own with the password and it will login your account. It will always show the last email used until another on is input.

Antoto

May 11, 2011
Visit site
One thing I forgot to mentioned is that there is an app/game on the springboard that is half-way downloaded, the icon download progress bar appears appears to be at halt (not moving). I assume the prior owner was downloading this app. Anyway, could this be the cause. I'm totally lost here.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You should be able to stop the update on the app by opening the app switcher and killing that app then reboot. You delete the email account on the Touch. When it pops up tap the email address and then hit backspace to delete what is there and put your own there.

Antoto

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Just clarify, the pop message reads "Itunes Password" and below it is the email address and right below the email address is the field to enter the password. The email can not be deleted by tapping on it.

i guess i need to download app switcher from Cydia?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
App Switcher -Double tap home button and it will show you all the running apps. If you don't have iOS 4 or newer Touch you might not have this.

Massie already gave you the answer

Go to Settings>Store and tap on the old account. Choose Sign Out and then sign in with your own.

I just did this and it works fine, what happens when you try it?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Are you tapping it in the settings app under Store (should work), or trying to tap the pop up (won't work)?

As to "where," it's in Settings>Store as I mentioned above. Tap the icon that says Settings, then the one that says Store.

Antoto

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I did that and what is weird is that I'm able to sign in with my account, but when I tap the appstore app, the sign in pop up it continues to show the other email address.

Antoto

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I did that already, settings>Store, signed out and signed back in with my account info. After doing that, I went to the springboard and tapped the blue icon Appstore and the pop up still shows the other email address. Not sure what's happening here.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Weird...must be related to that paused app, I guess? Not sure how to clear out a paused app if it wasn't bought with your info...have you tried rebooting? (Hold home and sleep buttons until Apple logo comes up.)
Good luck!

Antoto

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I rebooted and no luck. I also tried restoring but I get that annoying error 3194 and did the hosts file thing and it did not work either. But I think you are right the paused app could be the culprit. Perhaps there is a fix to rid of that paused app?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal