I am a few revisions back, (on 4.0.1) and really want to start to get the latest fw for certain apps, etc. Last night I tried using redsn0w and downloading the latest 4.3.3 ipsw and it kept giving me the "No successful firmware download after 60000 ms!! Giving up" Message on my phone. I tried about 10 times, tried on another mac and tried with another version of fw. 4.3.2 with no luck.

I have used tiny umbrella to save my shsh blobs, but my question is...If I do a restore and load 4.3.3 FROM ITUNES will I still be able to jailbreak (via redsnow, or any other software) and will I keep my ability to unlock the phone for resale value?

Anyone else have any idea what else I can do with that stupid message I get?
    05-16-2011 09:46 AM
    I don't know about the message. But if you were trying to load the 4.3.2(3) firmware on redsn0w while
    the phone is still on 4.0.1 I don't think it will work. If you restore your phone to 4.3.3 on iTunes then
    the you just jailbreak using the latest redsn0w. R16 came out last week. It's untethered.

But I'm sure your ability to unlock will be gone though. I'm assuming that 4.3.3
    will change your baseband.
    veedub likes this.
    05-16-2011 03:43 PM
    so there is no way to keep my baseband? I thought it was a bit confusing since in redsn0w it says to select the CURRENT firmware you have, obviously I don't have 4.3.3 currently. I'll try that tonight and see how it goes as long as there is no other way to keep my phone unlockable
    05-16-2011 03:53 PM
    If you want to keep your baseband then your choice is to use Pwnage Tool(Mac) or Sn0wbreeze(Windows). There are versions for 4.3.3 so I would advise to just go to that it will be the easiest thing to do. However using either of these will wipe your phone so if you want to keep your settings and **** you'll need to backup and sync before you start. You mentioned a Mac so you want Pwnage Tool search on here for my username and threads I've started. Go to the one what if I can't upgrade using iTunes. You've used Tiny Umbrella so your hosts files has been edited. Once you get that done search on here for iClarified and look for one of the half a million threads where I gave the link if you can't find it post up and I'll give it again but I've seriously given it out that many times lol. Any other help holla from a fellow dubber (99 Passat)
    veedub likes this.
    05-16-2011 04:12 PM
    If you want to keep your baseband then your choice is to use Pwnage Tool(Mac) or Sn0wbreeze(Windows). There are versions for 4.3.3 so I would advise to just go to that it will be the easiest thing to do. However using either of these will wipe your phone so if you want to keep your settings and **** you'll need to backup and sync before you start. You mentioned a Mac so you want Pwnage Tool search on here for my username and threads I've started. Go to the one what if I can't upgrade using iTunes. You've used Tiny Umbrella so your hosts files has been edited. Once you get that done search on here for iClarified and look for one of the half a million threads where I gave the link if you can't find it post up and I'll give it again but I've seriously given it out that many times lol. Any other help holla from a fellow dubber (99 Passat)
    thanks for the help! I'll try it out tonight after work and see how it goes. (08 GTI RIP)
    05-16-2011 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD