syncing itunes to multiple computers

sangalfie

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm still getting the message of "your iphone is synced w/ another itunes library. do you want to erase this iphone and sync w/ this itunes library" ....

And I followed that tutorial perfectly. I am currently running iTunes 10.2

Help is much appreciated.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm still getting the message of "your iphone is synced w/ another itunes library. do you want to erase this iphone and sync w/ this itunes library"

That's kind of the whole point of a sync, to make your iPhone the same as the current computer you're connected to. Not the other way around.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Cool. Thanks!! But, then I wont be able to back-up my contacts?

My wife and I had this issue. What do you use for contacts? We use Google and what I ended up doing was turning off the "sync contacts" in iTunes and using Google sync which works great.

The problem we had with iTunes was that if you left the box checked it would over write contacts from each phone. It was a mess. I suppose you could leave the box unchecked and then check it and make sure it's syncing from the right contact list. I don't know, Google sync was easy and it works very well.

Good luck.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Cool. Thanks!! But, then I wont be able to back-up my contacts?

If you go into you iPhones summary in iTunes and then go to the "info" tab, you will see that you can setup each iPhone to only sync certain groups. You can Also setup each one to sync to it's own google account or whatever.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I am talking strictly about the phone numbers that I have in my phone. Not anything to do with outlook, gmail or any of that. Just the contacts folder from the i-phone that I use to call people.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2