2 users on same iTunes?

Mio_Ray

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi

I?m new to the iWorld ;) Normally i?m over at CrackBerry but I decided that the perfect companion for my BlackBerry would have to be the iPad2.

(My BB is a BES connected company phone but App?s for BB in DK is practically not existing, and the Playbook is at least 6 months away)

So getting a Pad for personal use, I decided on the iPad :)

Now, my Wife allready has an iPhone connected to iTunes on our Home PC which runs with 1 user only.

Since all music and pictures are on that PC I would like to sync against this one as well with my iPad. But should I create a new Apple ID to seperate apps in the apps store or would there be any benefits from using the same Apple ID.

All other advice and tips is more than welcome :)

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Yes you can sync it to your iPad using the same account. As long as it's the same music, pictures, etc that you want to sync.

Reactions: Mio_Ray

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You can sync an iPhone and an iPad to the same computer using the same iTunes account, and still put different apps, music, and photos on each one.

Reactions: Mio_Ray

Mio_Ray

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for Your replies.

Would it also work if I opted for a different Apple ID for for my iPad than the Apple ID that my wifes iPhone is using.

I gather that Home sharing of iTunes library would not work on both devices if they have different A-ID but what else could I be missing....

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If you opt for a different Apple ID you won't be using the same iTunes account and then you wind up paying for the same apps twice.

Your devices have different ID's and names already.

silversurfer20

Feb 4, 2010
www.facebook.com
Ditto to what Alli said. I have four IPhones on my account as well as my IPad2 and my Macbook. ITunes will handle it all. Just name your devices whatever you want to name them to make them yours. Like Alli said, you don't want to pay for the same app twice especially if it's an app that works on IPads or IPhones/Touches. Buy it once and all your devices can enjoy!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You can sync an iPhone and an iPad to the same computer using the same iTunes account, and still put different apps, music, and photos on each one.

How would I do this? My husband is getting an iPhone next week and I already have mine set up with apps that he would want ( like MLB at bat which isn't cheap) but our music tastes are very different. He already has an iTunes account with his iPod touch but doesnt have the at bat app on it. He has it for android and spent the $15. Would stink to pay for it again.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
You can share apps without having the same apple ID. You just have make sure the computer that you are using to sync your phone with has the app on it that you want to sync, and that it is authorized by iTunes for the account that bought the app.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Just plug in the new iPhone go into apps and check the sync button. Worked for me girlfriend bought angry birds and that's how I have it.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Just plug in the new iPhone go into apps and check the sync button. Worked for me girlfriend bought angry birds and that's how I have it.

Cool thanks. Will have to try that next week when he gets it. Wouldn't care so much but I bought it for iPhone he bought it for android. Thats $30. Don't want to give em another $15.

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
No problem. Just don't be surprised if someone here doesn't jump on ya for doing that lol. Some people think that they deserve the other $15 or however much the app costs, but in my opinion he already bought it on another platform if it's made by the same developer than he shouldn't have to pay for it again

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No problem. Just don't be surprised if someone here doesn't jump on ya for doing that lol. Some people think that they deserve the other $15 or however much the app costs, but in my opinion he already bought it on another platform if it's made by the same developer than he shouldn't have to pay for it again

I hear ya. Problem with the MLB app is you have to buy the new version every year. Even if you have the same phone. It's not an app that's a few bucks. $15 is a bit steep. I'm all for supporting the developers.

thebignewt#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I think you can have 5 devices on one account, sharing the stuff you buy (music, apps, movies, whatever). So if you buy MLB from your phone, you can share it with your PC, and with your husband's phone if it is on of your My 5 on your account.

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I use one account for me and my wife's iPhones, my girls iPod touches and my sons iPod nano.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk