question says it all. I dont want to have to sync each time on itunes. Is there a way to just drop the movie files onto my iphone 4 within itunes using a macbook pro.
    03-21-2011 12:40 PM
    You need to set it to manually manage content.
    03-21-2011 03:48 PM
    how do I do that exactly, every single time i try that it reverts back. Am I doing something wrong.
    03-21-2011 09:12 PM
    VLC Player FTW!
    03-23-2011 01:43 AM
    how do I do that exactly, every single time i try that it reverts back. Am I doing something wrong.
    With the iPhone connected to iTunes go to the main screen for the iPhone. Near the bottom of the summary page there are a bunch of check boxes, or might be on the music tab; I forget.

I find manually manage more annoying though. I just sync one playlist of music and one of videos to the iPhone. That way I can make all the changes I want and then "sync" when I am happy with the changes. To do this make a playlist "iPhone music" in iTunes. Go to the music tab of the iPhone and check the corresponding boxes to sync only that playlist for music. This also helps because iTunes shows the size and number of songs at the bottom of the playlist while you are working so you can quickly manage your memory.
    03-23-2011 10:14 AM
    if you don't want to sync when transferring movies, you need to use a 3rd party application and drop the movie into that app directly. it won't show up in the movies section in the iPod app, but you can still watch them just the same. Some apps that will allow you to do this over a wifi connection are Air Sharing, EZ Share or Video Safe just to name a few.

You can also use something like Air Video or Plex to simply serve your videos from your home machine to wherever you are with your Phone...wifi or 3g. this way, you can save yourself the time of actually transferring to your device, save space for other things and have access to all of your movies instead of just a few.
    03-23-2011 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD