Ok, so I finally built of the nerves to jailbreak my Iphone 4. What should I expect to be the experience now in using Itunes? What do I need to do differently? Can I still backup, sync, etc the same as if I'm not Jailbroken? And what do I do if a ios update becomes available? Will it force me to update? Or will it give me the option to skip the update and just sync normally or just backup my phone?
    03-10-2011 12:06 AM
    Everything is the same; just don't update--if you do you'll lose your jailbreak. Backup and sync will work the same as long as you're not stealing apps.
    briankeith513 likes this.
    03-10-2011 01:27 AM
    Massie is 100% correct. Just to elaborate a little further, when you open iTunes, if a new iOS version is available, it always as you know, asks if you want to upgrade, as Massie said, just skip that and go right to the backup/sync. If you upgrade you will lose your jailbreak. iTunes wont recognize your JB, so just do everything as you normally would-except upgrade your iOS.
    03-10-2011 07:17 AM
    Also when you're JBen don't upgrade the iTunes and sync until you hear that it is safe. It's not too often but it has been done wher the upgrade screwed up the JB. Luckily it wont take long to find out, usually the same day.
    03-10-2011 07:30 AM
    Everything is the same; just don't update--if you do you'll lose your jailbreak. Backup and sync will work the same as long as you're not stealing apps.
    i really want my3g from cydia. so if i do this the normal way and pay for it in cydia there wont be an issue, but if i use those other sources and get it cracked it may pose an issue with syncing?
    04-18-2011 07:58 PM
    i really want my3g from cydia. so if i do this the normal way and pay for it in cydia there wont be an issue, but if i use those other sources and get it cracked it may pose an issue with syncing?
    Can't talk about pirated apps! Seems like you like the app so pay and help the dev.
    04-18-2011 08:54 PM
    Can't talk about pirated apps! Seems like you like the app so pay and help the dev.
    so lets forget about the cracked/pirated ones since they're a no no.

so if i pay for it through cydia it syncs with itunes?
    04-18-2011 09:01 PM
    JB apps don't sync through iTunes cracked or not. It's not that big of an issue but when you're upgrading you have to find other methods to back them up.
    avmsam likes this.
    04-18-2011 09:26 PM
    JB apps don't sync through iTunes cracked or not. It's not that big of an issue but when you're upgrading you have to find other methods to back them up.
    Thx. Exactly what I needed.
    04-18-2011 09:46 PM
    Plus you can re-download apps you get from Cydia as long as you log in with the same account.
    avmsam likes this.
    04-18-2011 10:11 PM
    There a couple cydia apps that will backup your apps try AptBackup app.
    avmsam likes this.
    04-18-2011 11:00 PM
    I never had any luck with the Cydia backups. I found it cleaner and more stable to just re-install my apps. Plus I use that as a time to clean up the apps I did not use often.
    avmsam likes this.
    04-18-2011 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD