iTunes will not allow devices to sync

nccows

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I'm using iTunes 10.2 on Windows 7 and got this problem.

So, this morning I plugged in my iPod Touch to the computer while I had iTunes open, exactly as I usually do. The iPod lit up as if it was charging, but it did not sync with iTunes. Instead, I get the following message. "This iPod cannot be used because the Apple Mobile Device service is not started." I unplugged it, plugged it back in. I got the same thing. I restarted the computer, did the same thing, got the same message. I did some research, I went into my "Administrative Tools" or whatever it's called, and went into "Services." I tried to manually start the Apple Mobile Device service, but I kept getting error message 1067, saying "The process terminated unexpectedly." I've tried this multiple times, and it still didn't work. I've even completely uninstalled iTunes and re-installed it and got the same thing. Can anyone help me? I kinda need to sync the iPod Touch, so this is really important.

Relznuk

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem once or twice when I was back on Windows. The answer is to reinstall iTunes - don't worry, your library and settings will remain intact.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Does you have any other iOS devices that you ave tried syncing? Just ask because maybe it's the device itself. Me personally, I've ever heard of this issue. If you have a Apple store around, I'd go to the genius bar. They will know what the error codes mean.

ed116

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
also uninstall itunes completley get CCleaner and fix any registry errors you might have and also run the 'cleaner' and then re-install itunes, worth a try! good luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73