I have a jailbroken Verizon iPhone 4 with greenpois0n, and iTunes 10.1.2 on OS X 10.5.8. Whats happening is that my iTunes wont recognize my phone. Like the usb is working and the phone still charges but iTunes is telling me that it cannot read the contents of the phone and that I need to restore. I had connected to my iTunes before but now it isn't working. I have tried everything from Mac OS X v10.6 or later: iOS device not recognized in iTunes after restart and it still wont work. Is there anything else that I could try with out having to do a restore?
    02-28-2011 11:53 AM
    Just throwing this out there. Have you already tried shutting down the phone (by holding the sleep button and then slide to power off) and then starting it back up again?
    02-28-2011 01:15 PM
    I have tried that. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    02-28-2011 01:17 PM
    Have you tried rebooting your iPhone into safe mode and then try connecting it? Maybe something got installed on your phone that screwed it up.
    02-28-2011 03:03 PM
    I dont believe I have tried that as I dont know how to boot into safe mode. So I do I get into safe mode
    02-28-2011 03:57 PM
    I would suggest deleting your sync history in iTunes preferences.
    02-28-2011 05:51 PM
    I would suggest deleting your sync history in iTunes preferences.
    Ill give this a shot, but I just downloaded iTunes to an old windows machine i have and tried hooking my phone up and it is giving me the same error message. So i have no idea whats going on.
    02-28-2011 09:59 PM
    If you tried it on a different machine, on a Windows machine then I'd say it's time for a reload. I would go with the pwnage tool method we discussed. So before you start email all the stuff you want off the phone, or you could install OpenSSH and just upload all the media and possibly the contacts, etc. if you know the location of where the files are on your phone's file system. Then once you reload the phone you can either put the files back into the file system where they belong or you can just sync them back to the phone.

OpenSSH info Jailbreak and unlock the iPhone - Installing OpenSSH, using YummyFTP, and changing the root and mobile passwords
    03-01-2011 01:49 AM
    I'm not sure if this is related or not, but the first time I sync'd with Itunes after I jailbroke, it popped up a message saying something like "Itunes detected an error on your Iphone, do we have permission to send info to Apple for analysis?" Of course I hit NO, but I'm assuming it knew something was up with my device, and I've always wondered if I hit Yes would they have found out I was jailbroke and disabled my Itunes account?
    03-01-2011 10:16 AM
    Well nothing worked so I just decided to restore and re jailbreak. thanks though to everyone that tried to help out
    03-02-2011 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD