Please Help me with ITUNES

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a itunes account, my daughter got a hold of my password. $ 45 dollars later, I needed to change my password. That could have really gotten out of hand.

Anyway my question is can I create a itunes account for my daughter and not link a credit card up to it so she can download free games.

Will I be able to sync her Ipad with my itunes account on my laptop even if the ipad has apps from her account and my account.

Or will I have to keep the games downloaded from her itunes account on the ipad only.

Thanks

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a itunes account, my daughter got a hold of my password. $ 45 dollars later, I needed to change my password. That could have really gotten out of hand.

Anyway my question is can I create a itunes account for my daughter and not link a credit card up to it so she can download free games. You can with a gift card...
Will I be able to sync her Ipad with my itunes account on my laptop even if the ipad has apps from her account and my account. You'll be able to sync her iPad anywhere you wish, but if you sync it, back it up first, create her own user account, and log her in with her itunes account on your pc
Or will I have to keep the games downloaded from her itunes account on the ipad only. You can go this route too
Thanks

Answers in bold in ""

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Cant I just create a new user account that does not have a credit card linked to it ?

This way she can sign in and download what she wants.

If I dont sync apps while logged into my account they will just reside on the ipad correct ?

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Massie

Not so easy..

In the instructions there is a field where you can select no credit card

I followed the instructions and there is no feild where you can select no credit card.

Maybe it changed since this was written ?>

Anyone else have any ideas ?/

Thanks

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I Stand corrected

I did not start with selecting a free app as my first step

Once I did that it worked fine

Sorry.

My second question is what will happen if I try to sync her Ipad to my itunes account with apps from both her account and my account on the same ipad?

Havent tried it yet

SprintiPhone

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
you can't sync a device in two accounts. If you try to sync to your account, it will ask if you want to wipe out all the apps and music on her device

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I dont plan on syncing two accounts. I think.

She justs downloads games on her ipad under her account but never synced it to a i tunes account on a computer except under mine.

Does this make sense ?

Itunes is confusing enough under one account nevermind 2

So I guess I will try to sync and see what happens

mrsFAB

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Why not just make her a separate user on your pc? When she signs in to her "side" of the pc, she can have her very own iTunes library totally separate from yours.

Crypton

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
You can create a new iTunes library just for her using your OS-User.
You have to press Shift and then click the iTunes logo.
If done correctly, iTunes will ask you which iTunes library you want to use, or if you want to create a new library.
Create a new library on a new directory.
Now you can sync her iPad on your computer using her very own iTunes library.

If you sync using your iTunes library choose not to sync apps. You can always install your apps using your account on her iPad on the iPad (hope that makes sense). I'm doing it on my wife's iPhone that way.

BTW: iTunes offers allowances on accounts. (search for itunes account kid allowance in google)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73