i just bought a new laptop & i dont have access to my old laptop i had. i downloaded i tunes into my new laptop & i want to make it the primary one for my i phone. how do i set it up to where it will back up my phone & do everything it did on my first computer. i authorized it onto my new laptop already but it wont do anything more. says its autorized on 2 out of 5 computers now. . please help
    Last edited by feesha_bug; 02-17-2011 at 04:05 PM.
    02-17-2011 04:03 PM
    It should automatically do everything that your old one did. If you don't have access to the old machine, you will need to manually rebuild libraries and apps (You should not be charged for anything that you bought through iTunes).
    02-17-2011 04:15 PM
    how do u manually rebuild libraries? when i plug it into i tunes it brings it up. but wont back up my files. & if i hit sync it does the step 1 of 1 but takes lik 2 seconds & finishes no back up or anything.
    02-17-2011 04:40 PM
    I do think you can only sync it to one machine unless you do some modding on the iTunes
    02-18-2011 10:18 PM
    i was able to deauthorize from the other computer now my new laptop is the only one authorized & it still wont back my phone up
    02-18-2011 11:19 PM
    Try copying the iTunes library files over. I did that when I built my Hackintosh, and it synced up my iPhone with no problems.

If you didn't bring anything over, etc, then you don't have a choice but to sync the phone up as a new iPhone, and then start over with everything.
    02-19-2011 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD