Can jailbreak apps be shared between 2 iPhones on same iTunes account?

john_7711

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I just got into the world of jailbreaking yesterday and jailbroke my iPhone 4. I am going to JB my girlfriend's 3Gs this week. I was wondering if, like regular apps in the app store, can jailbreak apps be shared between our phones, or would I/we have to download and/or purchase each app twice so we could each have them? I tried a search and couldn't find an answer to this.

Also, if I have jailbreak apps and sync with iTunes, will iTunes delete the non-app store apps? What about if there are any updates to iTunes or anything? Would I be at risk of losing them then?

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Jailbreak apps/tweaks don't sync to iTunes. Some jailbreak apps can be used across devices but you would have to ask the developer of the apps/tweaks.

john_7711

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
So when I sync to iTunes, any cracked apps will sync like normal, but any jailbreak-exclusive apps will do what? Will they be ignored by iTunes as if they don't exist on the device and they will only remain installed on the device?

john_7711

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
My appologies. As you can see by my post count, I'm new here. At least to the jailbreaking parts of the forums. I was just merely trying to make sure I understood the differences in the types of apps and how they sync or don't sync. I don't have any or condone using pirated content.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2