Bought used i4 ..but his account comes up in iTunes.

Wetstuff

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Does the prior owner need to cancel his account, or do I simply re-sync the phone with my account? I am waiting for my ATT rep to tell me to head over to the store for a new sim card.

Jim

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Does the prior owner need to cancel his account, or do I simply re-sync the phone with my account? I am waiting for my ATT rep to tell me to head over to the store for a new sim card.

Jim

I hope your using your own activated sim card. Its best to restore the phone in iTunes when you bought a used phone and start fresh from there

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You're talking about two separate things. You said his account shows up in iTunes so all you have to do is logoff his account and login with your own on the phone. You will find it under Settings -> Store. If you got the phone with the guy's SIM then you need to go get your own and swap it out.

Wetstuff

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So far - so good.. He went to ATT and got his account switched to another phone. I went to ATT and got a new SIM and new number.

Since I have an iPad (and Macs for 20yrs..) I already had iTunes. Yet, there's still apps on the phone left over (Poker, Pandora..etc.) that I will not use ...but my new apps did load - next to these old ones. I tried X them out ..but don't know how to get rid of them?

Jim

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2