16 HRS to load a movie from Itunes WTF?

mdpatsfan

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
2nd gen apple TV here, connected to an airport extreme. It is taking 16HRS for a move rental from Itunes to load WTF? Has anyone had the same issue out their, if so what did you do to fix it? I have tried unplugging, reseting, and restore and nothing helps. Thanks for looking and please help!!!

danwalk201

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm the same, mine is really slow on movies and trailers, but i can stream a 1080p movie from my xbox instantly with no interruptions. the only thing i have heard is if your using Google DNS servers, they tend to slow it down. Are you in UK or US?

mdpatsfan

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the US. I have read that as well but I have not set anything up with google other then a gmail account and in my mail app on my Mac.

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Actually switching to google's DNS servers increased my speed both up and down. I average 29Mb down and 5Mb up. The download is 4 more then I should be getting and the up is what I'm paying for anyhow. I've never used my ISP's DNS, either used my own servers for DNS or the root name servers DNS.

mdpatsfan

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Actually switching to google's DNS servers increased my speed both up and down. I average 29Mb down and 5Mb up. The download is 4 more then I should be getting and the up is what I'm paying for anyhow. I've never used my ISP's DNS, either used my own servers for DNS or the root name servers DNS.

Could you explain in more detail what you mean by you last sentence? When it comes to networks all I know is how to connect to mine. Thanks.

aprusan

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
slow apple movie streaming

I have a similar problem but I am hesitant to change my DSN since everything else works well : computer downloads, netflix etc.

danwalk201

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Mines the same, can stream an Xbox 360 movie at 1080p fine, but cant stream from my ATV2. I'm just going to wait until IOS4.3 and hope that fixes it. I'm in the UK and tried setting my DNS to OpenDNS in the ATV settings as my Sky Router wont let me do it in there.

mdpatsfan

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
From what I have read 4.3 is not for the atv, just ip4, 3GS, iPad, and iPod 3rd and4th. Such a bummer. I will say mine got a bit better after a restore but still having issues. Across the pond do u have Netflix? That works for me great but it's the iTunes stuff that's a problem. Guess I'll try renting what I want then air play them.

danwalk201

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I hope your wrong! cos the ATV2 is in need of some kind of upgrade to allow more stuff. Unfortunatly here in the UK we dont have Netflix or tv shows, just movies and youtube for now! which i hoped would change with IOS4.3!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox