New pc. What to do with iTunes

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Hey all. I just purchased a new laptop and would like to transfer my iTunes over to the new system to include all my backups and settings, etc. What's the best way to do this so that I will still have all this data from all my devices? Thanks

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
What I do is hook up my external HDD then go into the music folder in My Documents, I copy the entire iTunes file and paste it to the HDD. Then you can transfer it back to the music folder of the new computer after you install iTunes. It has worked like a charm for me!

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Either backup your iTunes library on a external HD or back it up on DVD's.... Then Authorize the new PC on your acct and if you're done using the old one make sure you deauthorize that one is well ... Apple has a limit of 5 computers I believe that can ever be authorized unless you deauthorize them

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Best buy carries cables that you can plug into one and the other and transfer files back and forth. And without a restocking fee now, you can return it for a full refund when your done. I did this when I bought a new MacBook Pro and got rid of my old PC.

Wow. Just wow. Are people really that cheap and dishonest to do that for a cable? What could it cost, $20?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Best buy carries cables that you can plug into one and the other and transfer files back and forth. And without a restocking fee now, you can return it for a full refund when your done. I did this when I bought a new MacBook Pro and got rid of my old PC.

Horrible. But then again, there are all kinds of people who post on here.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
This thread should be stickied or some admin mae a sticky thread called How to move iTunes to a new computer. I swear this has got to be the sixth one I've seen in a short enough time.

Reactions: iquinn

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
This thread should be stickied or some admin mae a sticky thread called How to move iTunes to a new computer. I swear this has got to be the sixth one I've seen in a short enough time.

Good call, I get asked this all the time by friends and fam when they get new machines.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73