iTunes sync issue

BobR2

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Fairly new to using iTunes, just got my iPad a month ago. Got a new laptop for Christmas, downloaded iTunes. Wen I tried to sync iPad to new pc, it wanted to delete apps/info on iPad and replace with what is on pc iTunes.

So, how do I not lose al the apps / info I have downloaded and created directly on the iPad? I thought the point of sync was to also backup the iPad.... Not erase it.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Gadgetholik

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

Fairly new to using iTunes, just got my iPad a month ago. Got a new laptop for Christmas, downloaded iTunes. Wen I tried to sync iPad to new pc, it wanted to delete apps/info on iPad and replace with what is on pc iTunes.

So, how do I not lose al the apps / info I have downloaded and created directly on the iPad? I thought the point of sync was to also backup the iPad.... Not erase it.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Hi there Bob.No way out.When you sync your ipad with itunes for the very first time you'll have to set it up as a new ipad which means itunes will erase all the data that there is on the ipad.The sad part is that as far as my info goes there isn't a way to escape this painfull setup procedure of apple.In future itunes will offer you the option of backup when you update your iOS version.But i cannot claim that there's no way out.This reply of mine is just my personal experience.Thanks.From gadgetholik.

Last edited:

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Before you sync, you need to transfer purchases from the iPad to itunes, then when you sync it wont delete your apps. when you plug your ipad into your usb port and open itunes, go to the left column were it shows your ipad, then right click on it and click on transfer purchases.

BobR2

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Before you sync, you need to transfer purchases from the iPad to itunes, then when you sync it wont delete your apps. when you plug your ipad into your usb port and open itunes, go to the left column were it shows your ipad, then right click on it and click on transfer purchases.

Thanks much jdavis! Seems to have done the trick.

Give it a try Gadge

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2