For some reason when I sync my iPhone 4 (jailbroken) it takes about an hour.

Itunes reinstalls each app to my iphone when I sync. It just started doing this.

I am using itunes 10.1.1.4 and 4.1 on my iphone 4. (I want to update to 4.2 as soon as an untethered jailbreak is available)

Is there a way to change the settings so that it does not reinstall all of my apps each time I sync.
    12-20-2010 11:25 AM
    Have you tried unchecking the box on the Apps tape on the phone that says Sync Apps?
    12-20-2010 01:57 PM
    It does that to me too
    12-21-2010 11:13 AM
    I had the issue too. It is something buggy with the app syncing in iTunes.

Here is how to fix it without loosing all your apps.

Go to the Apps section in iTunes and select all the apps in the directory. Hit the delete button and when iTunes asks you if you want to keep the files, hit YES. This will remove all the apps from iTunes but not delete the ipa's from the computer.

Make sure iTunes is set not to automatically sync when the device is connected, then connect the device. Go to file and transfer purchases from "idevice". This will copy all the apps from the phone back to iTunes and they will be in sync again.

Hope that helps.
    12-21-2010 11:21 AM
    For some reason when I sync my iPhone 4 (jailbroken) it takes about an hour.

Itunes reinstalls each app to my iphone when I sync. It just started doing this.

I am using itunes 10.1.1.4 and 4.1 on my iphone 4. (I want to update to 4.2 as soon as an untethered jailbreak is available)

Is there a way to change the settings so that it does not reinstall all of my apps each time I sync.
    when you say reinstalls do you mean it syncs them to your phone again? because if it does it does that to quite a few people but im not sure why it takes you so long to sync
    12-22-2010 04:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD