Major Problem That Came with iTunes 10.1 Update

ColbyM#AC

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
When the iTunes Update came out I updated mainly because I wanted to get iOS4.2.1 on my iPad so I could enjoy some multitasking on that monster. The update for both things went smoothly but now iTunes won't recognize my iPod touch 2g or iPhone 4 when I plug them in. It will make the connect noise and charge them but iTunes won't recognize either device but works fine with my iPad. Any advice to get iTunes back into working condition. I got my iPhone yesterday and I'm dying to get some content onto it.

Thanks for any help.

Update: I do have iOS 4.2.1 on my iPhone 4. I updated it on another computer to see if iTunes 10.1 would only recognize iDevices on 4.2.1 but my problem persists.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure Apple Mobile device service is running?

Start > Type "Services" in the search box > hit enter > Scroll down to you see Apple Mobile Device > double click it

If Start is not grayed out, then hit start.

While your at it. Make sure you have it set to automatic. That way it will start up each time you turn on your machine.

ColbyM#AC

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I've also done that. I followed every trouble shooting guide on the internet. Im getting really annoyed by this. :mad: is anyone else having this problem? If it helps diagnose the problem, when I plug in my iPhone or iPod touch it shows up as a camera in My Computer. I've uninstalled any software related to cameras, webcams, screen recording software, as well as any program that I don't use (which was a TON of software). I freed up a couple gigs of space but iTunes is still a thorn in my ass.

ColbyM#AC

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I've also uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it more times than I care to remember. I've done reboot after reboot. I heard something about cleaning the registry. What does that do and how can I do it? Will it erase all of my iTunes data?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
^^^ Hi troll!

To the OP...the issues that iTunes and Windows 7 have had since the first day of 7 have been insane...this is probably some kind of weird glitchy mess with the communication of iTunes and Windows. Do you have another computer you can try to sync with? My brother has a netbook running windows 7 and had a similar problem (his would actually recognize but then it would error out when trying to sync), he ended up having to start sync'ing with his fiance's mac because after trying all outlets, he couldnt get it to function properly...after growing tired of this he went to the Apple store and let them take a look, and while he has no idea as to what they did to fix it, they were able to get it functioning right.

Given your extensive attempts, id go to the apple store and let them have a crack at it...im sure they've seen more windows 7 computers at the geek bar than macs lately, haha.

allenmobis

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I am facing a problem with iTunes 10.1 Update...
I'm an iphone 4 owner who uses iTunes to sync all my data to the iphone... I've downloaded the updates.. BUT I find it difficult to synchronize everything on my iphone for example in music i added new songs to the library and when I sync songs without any error displayed ... just say I ended up trying to add two sync mp4 videos in the movie folder and accepts ... iTunes sync but says it cannot copy the following two videos because the iPhone cannot read ... WTH like everything that used to play mp4 videos tried to make programs for iPhone m4v format which I think is always the same error is displayed and the deployment of i cannot & any previous iTunes any suggestions....THANKS

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73