I am sure most of you have already read about this, and for those who haven't, here is a link, Apple iTunes Announcement

So what do you all think the annoucement will be?
    11-15-2010 11:01 AM
    - Cloud based storage on iTunes
    - Possible new iTunes X with full 644bit support . Bulit from the ground up.

Remember kids, its going to be in N.C. if you live on the west coast, better get up a bit early to get reay for school, as its going to be streaming at 7am
    11-15-2010 12:04 PM
    I get to work everyday at 6:45, so I will definitely be tuned in to this!
    11-15-2010 12:20 PM
    odds are highly against the cloud based iTunes (or really anything iTunes+cloud) as Apple is still trying to build relations with media groups and a move like this would put a huge strain on them (there afraid of there content going anywhere)
    11-15-2010 02:33 PM
    I get to work everyday at 6:45, so I will definitely be tuned in to this!
    haha i doubt many Apple followers will get anything done at work tomorrow morning

some people are thinking 4.2 will be coming tomorrow as well... HERE WE GO AGAIN!!
    11-15-2010 03:22 PM
    It will be a huge let down... Something like Beatles available on iTunes or something to do with Ping...
    11-15-2010 03:44 PM
    It will be a huge let down... Something like Beatles available on iTunes...
    for the love of god, i hope not
    11-15-2010 04:11 PM
    There is now talk of the Beatles coming to iTunes and I think that's a great idea. We need something to kill the top charts featuing Katy Perry or Justin bebber, you know an artist who's actually worth listing too, and trust me. The Beatles DID change the music industry.

Of course, something else. Like I said, if the data center opens in NC tomorrow, perhaps we will see a new iTunes X with streaming capabilities. (I'd still keep a copy of my files locally, as I do with anything I upload online)
    11-15-2010 06:23 PM
    An announcement for greater goods..Hahaha!!..apple is up to something again. I smell something fishy and I hope it will not be just good but great. Right now, I have no idea but I am looking forward to it.
    11-15-2010 06:40 PM
    An announcement for greater goods..Hahaha!!..apple is up to something again. I smell something fishy and I hope it will not be just good but great. Right now, I have no idea but I am looking forward to it.
    They are always like that, but strange since this is in the middle of November, and a week before the holiday shopping season starts.

I doubt we will see any hardware refreshes. not this close to Black Friday.
    11-15-2010 06:45 PM
    Boy Genius Report shows that streaming media references are in some of the code that was released in the newset version of iTunes that just came out, take a look.

Apple to introduce ‘iTunes Live Stream’ service tomorrow? | BGR
    11-15-2010 07:00 PM
    It will be a huge let down... Something like Beatles available on iTunes or something to do with Ping...
    They announced today actually that the beatles are finally on itunes.

WSJ: Apple bringing Beatles to iTunes after a seven year wait -- Engadget
    11-15-2010 07:01 PM
    I am not really a big fan of Beatles...Am i disappointed? how about you guys? I always thought of much better and greater announcement. Tsk!....No offense to Beatles fans.
    11-15-2010 07:09 PM
    I am not really a big fan of Beatles...Am i disappointed? how about you guys? I always thought of much better and greater announcement. Tsk!....No offense to Beatles fans.
    let's wait until the Official word, however, if it is only about the Beatles then i hope that Steve Jobs would put down the pipe
    11-15-2010 07:24 PM
    let's wait until the Official word, however, if it is only about the Beatles then i hope that Steve Jobs would put down the pipe
    Well we will have to wait for "official" word anyway.

Unless Gizmodo leaks something

Personally I think many are expecting too much from this event. Just chill out., Be happy with what you have in the meantime.
    11-15-2010 07:55 PM
    That was lame!!
    11-16-2010 10:11 AM
    I expected no less of a reaction from the Lady Gaga generation.
    Alli and ChrisGonzales90 like this.
    11-16-2010 10:17 AM
    Like I said in the live chat, lots of younger users are going to be upset the "BIG" news was about the Beatles now being available.
    11-16-2010 10:25 AM
    Lots of [selfish] younger users are under the impression that if Apple doesn't announce an iDevice, or new software for said iDevice, that it's pointless and worthless.

Keep in mind that Steve Jobs is, himself, a baby boomer. We are the generation with the most disposable income - and the love of the culture created by the Beatles.

If you're disappointed, get over it. You don't hear the rest of us whining like spoiled brats because AppleTV won't run the dishwasher.
    11-16-2010 10:32 AM
    Lots of [selfish] younger users are under the impression that if Apple doesn't announce an iDevice, or new software for said iDevice, that it's pointless and worthless.

Keep in mind that Steve Jobs is, himself, a baby boomer. We are the generation with the most disposable income - and the love of the culture created by the Beatles.

If you're disappointed, get over it. You don't hear the rest of us whining like spoiled brats because AppleTV won't run the dishwasher.
    Well put Alli and I was whining when I found out the AppleTV won't run the dishwasher
    ChrisGonzales90 likes this.
    11-16-2010 10:34 AM
    I think many expected to much. (and they always expect too much when it comes to Apple announcements) on the blog, where were multiple comments on how Apple only caters to the "young people". You want to tell that to my 66 year old aunt who owns a macbook? Apple carters to ALL generations, not just spoiled 13 year old boys and girls.

Just remember kids. Look at whos running Apple. Yes, its STEVE JOBS. Not you, not me. Not Antoine Dodson and not Mel Gibson (we know how that would be) but Steve Jobs. He's been tring for years to get the beatles on iTunes, and remember, before today there was no way to get The Beatles digitally. You keep telling people to rip and such. Thats not how a business works. You can be a fan of something and stil not own everything about them.

I'm 20, but I never got in to todays kind of music. (seriously, whats the point of them? They have no meaning. Songs are ment to have meaning!) I do like the beatles and may be downloading some of their songs.
    Last edited by ChrisGonzales90; 11-16-2010 at 12:10 PM.
    11-16-2010 12:08 PM
    my only question to beatles fans; is it really that big of a deal?

i can see if there were unreleased never heard before songs, because whether i like them or not, then i could understand all of this "excitement"
    11-16-2010 05:50 PM
    Blink, the Beatles changed the face of the world. They brought new fashions, new hairstyles, and brought people in front of the tv who would have otherwise never watched. It's about more than music.
    11-16-2010 06:26 PM
    Blink, the Beatles changed the face of the world. They brought new fashions, new hairstyles, and brought people in front of the tv who would have otherwise never watched. It's about more than music.
    Alli, the Beatles are definitely one of the most revolutionary artists of our time. There is no denying that. I am not a huge fan, yet I still have a lot of Beatles music on my itunes ripped from my dad's collection.

I think people are annoyed at how Apple handled the situation. They couldve announced a teaser or done something for the many people who have other wants from getting let down.

To me it was a huge ego trip for Jobs. He basically just declared victory over the music industry with this. He has conquered the old business model and planted his yellow submarine branded flag for all to see...

But in reality this shouldve been accomplished years ago and he should allow album only sales for artists that want that on itunes. This is more of a victory celebration for Jobs personally that it is a boon for Beatles fans, and that is why Im turned off by the "day we will never forget."
    11-16-2010 06:33 PM
    my only question to beatles fans; is it really that big of a deal?

i can see if there were unreleased never heard before songs, because whether i like them or not, then i could understand all of this "excitement"
    I'm not a Beatles fan, (I like the music, but thats it. You can like something and not be a "fan" of it) but I know this. Unless your some die hard fan, they will not have every single collection thats out there. With iTunes, all the songs are now digital, plus you get videos and even LPs, something you won't find elsewhere unless you get an old VHS tape from the Goodwill and it won't be as good. Even if you find one on youtube. quality will be down due to bit rate.

and to be honest, what would be so exciting over cloud based storage? Storage is storage. Even if there is a shinny Apple logo on it and the UI for the software is Sliver and Chrome. I fail to see how Apple can change storage unless somehow, someway you can access it from iPhones and iPod touches and just stream over the air.

Alli, the Beatles are definitely one of the most revolutionary artists of our time. There is no denying that. I am not a huge fan, yet I still have a lot of Beatles music on my itunes ripped from my dad's collection.

I think people are annoyed at how Apple handled the situation. They couldve announced a teaser or done something for the many people who have other wants from getting let down.

To me it was a huge ego trip for Jobs. He basically just declared victory over the music industry with this. He has conquered the old business model and planted his yellow submarine branded flag for all to see...

But in reality this shouldve been accomplished years ago and he should allow album only sales for artists that want that on itunes. This is more of a victory celebration for Jobs personally that it is a boon for Beatles fans, and that is why Im turned off by the "day we will never forget."
    I agree. But what do we expect from Apple? Every year, each new notebook or imac refresh gets the same saying:

Magical, revolutionary, The fastest computer we ever shipped"
    I predicted the same thing many here thought, but I am throwing a fit over it? No. Whats the point? Whats done is done. Go back to what I said about cloud based storage above

I dobut we will ever see a subscription based service. I mean, if you don't pay for the subscription, you loose the music

and jobs said that him self back in 2003

People are just very selfish. Simple as that.
    11-16-2010 08:44 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD