Tomorrows iTunes Announcement

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think many expected to much. (and they always expect too much when it comes to Apple announcements) on the blog, where were multiple comments on how Apple only caters to the "young people". You want to tell that to my 66 year old aunt who owns a macbook? Apple carters to ALL generations, not just spoiled 13 year old boys and girls.

Just remember kids. Look at whos running Apple. Yes, its STEVE JOBS. Not you, not me. Not Antoine Dodson and not Mel Gibson (we know how that would be) but Steve Jobs. He's been tring for years to get the beatles on iTunes, and remember, before today there was no way to get The Beatles digitally. You keep telling people to rip and such. Thats not how a business works. You can be a fan of something and stil not own everything about them.

I'm 20, but I never got in to todays kind of music. (seriously, whats the point of them? They have no meaning. Songs are ment to have meaning!) I do like the beatles and may be downloading some of their songs.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
my only question to beatles fans; is it really that big of a deal?

i can see if there were unreleased never heard before songs, because whether i like them or not, then i could understand all of this "excitement"

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Blink, the Beatles changed the face of the world. They brought new fashions, new hairstyles, and brought people in front of the tv who would have otherwise never watched. It's about more than music.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Blink, the Beatles changed the face of the world. They brought new fashions, new hairstyles, and brought people in front of the tv who would have otherwise never watched. It's about more than music.

Alli, the Beatles are definitely one of the most revolutionary artists of our time. There is no denying that. I am not a huge fan, yet I still have a lot of Beatles music on my itunes ripped from my dad's collection.

I think people are annoyed at how Apple handled the situation. They couldve announced a teaser or done something for the many people who have other wants from getting let down.

To me it was a huge ego trip for Jobs. He basically just declared victory over the music industry with this. He has conquered the old business model and planted his yellow submarine branded flag for all to see...

But in reality this shouldve been accomplished years ago and he should allow album only sales for artists that want that on itunes. This is more of a victory celebration for Jobs personally that it is a boon for Beatles fans, and that is why Im turned off by the "day we will never forget."

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
my only question to beatles fans; is it really that big of a deal?

i can see if there were unreleased never heard before songs, because whether i like them or not, then i could understand all of this "excitement"

I'm not a Beatles fan, (I like the music, but thats it. You can like something and not be a "fan" of it) but I know this. Unless your some die hard fan, they will not have every single collection thats out there. With iTunes, all the songs are now digital, plus you get videos and even LPs, something you won't find elsewhere unless you get an old VHS tape from the Goodwill and it won't be as good. Even if you find one on youtube. quality will be down due to bit rate.

and to be honest, what would be so exciting over cloud based storage? Storage is storage. Even if there is a shinny Apple logo on it and the UI for the software is Sliver and Chrome. I fail to see how Apple can change storage unless somehow, someway you can access it from iPhones and iPod touches and just stream over the air.

Alli, the Beatles are definitely one of the most revolutionary artists of our time. There is no denying that. I am not a huge fan, yet I still have a lot of Beatles music on my itunes ripped from my dad's collection.

I think people are annoyed at how Apple handled the situation. They couldve announced a teaser or done something for the many people who have other wants from getting let down.

To me it was a huge ego trip for Jobs. He basically just declared victory over the music industry with this. He has conquered the old business model and planted his yellow submarine branded flag for all to see...

But in reality this shouldve been accomplished years ago and he should allow album only sales for artists that want that on itunes. This is more of a victory celebration for Jobs personally that it is a boon for Beatles fans, and that is why Im turned off by the "day we will never forget."

I agree. But what do we expect from Apple? Every year, each new notebook or imac refresh gets the same saying:

Magical, revolutionary, The fastest computer we ever shipped"

I predicted the same thing many here thought, but I am throwing a fit over it? No. Whats the point? Whats done is done. Go back to what I said about cloud based storage above

I dobut we will ever see a subscription based service. I mean, if you don't pay for the subscription, you loose the music

and jobs said that him self back in 2003

YouTube - Apple Music Event 2003-iTunes Music Store Introduction

People are just very selfish. Simple as that.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I just assumed people wanted to store their music on the cloud.

Eirther way it has to be done right. More then just an Apple logo and some sliver.

Chris, the entire point of the cloud is being able to access it from anywhere quickly and effortlessly... What we want is built in streaming from Apple's dedicated servers via the iPod app.

I think you have completely misunderstood what cloud based media capability is being designed for...

I can already stream my itunes library to my iphone or ipad through 3G or wifi, but I must do so via a separate app and using my very limited broadband upload stream.

I want more than that...

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Chris, the entire point of the cloud is being able to access it from anywhere quickly and effortlessly... What we want is built in streaming from Apple's dedicated servers via the iPod app.

I think you have completely misunderstood what cloud based media capability is being designed for...

I can already stream my itunes library to my iphone or ipad through 3G or wifi, but I must do so via a separate app and using my very limited broadband upload stream.

I want more than that...

No. I know. I'm just saying, its no diferent from other streaming services, so having a aneurysm over an offical Apple one is kind of silly.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
No. I know. I'm just saying, its no diferent from other streaming services, so having a aneurysm over an offical Apple one is kind of silly.

Of corse it is, one streams from your OWN PC, while Apple's would stream from dedicated servers. HUGE difference. One would use a seperate app, the other would use the iPod app and would be built into iOS. HUGE difference.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

quoted for truth

Of corse it is, one streams from your OWN PC, while Apple's would stream from dedicated servers. HUGE difference. One would use a seperate app, the other would use the iPod app and would be built into iOS'. HUGE difference.

is this a possibility? and if so how long until we see this become a reality?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal