I fail to see how Apple can change storage unless somehow, someway you can access it from iPhones and iPod touches and just stream over the air.
    That's exactly what we are asking for with Cloud based storage. Why else would we want it?
    11-16-2010 08:49 PM
    That's exactly what we are asking for with Cloud based storage. Why else would we want it?
    I just assumed people wanted to store their music on the cloud.

Eirther way it has to be done right. More then just an Apple logo and some sliver.
    11-16-2010 08:56 PM
    I just assumed people wanted to store their music on the cloud.

Eirther way it has to be done right. More then just an Apple logo and some sliver.
    Chris, the entire point of the cloud is being able to access it from anywhere quickly and effortlessly... What we want is built in streaming from Apple's dedicated servers via the iPod app.

I think you have completely misunderstood what cloud based media capability is being designed for...

I can already stream my itunes library to my iphone or ipad through 3G or wifi, but I must do so via a separate app and using my very limited broadband upload stream.

I want more than that...
    11-16-2010 09:00 PM
    Chris, the entire point of the cloud is being able to access it from anywhere quickly and effortlessly... What we want is built in streaming from Apple's dedicated servers via the iPod app.

I think you have completely misunderstood what cloud based media capability is being designed for...

I can already stream my itunes library to my iphone or ipad through 3G or wifi, but I must do so via a separate app and using my very limited broadband upload stream.

I want more than that...
    No. I know. I'm just saying, its no diferent from other streaming services, so having a aneurysm over an offical Apple one is kind of silly.
    11-16-2010 09:06 PM
    No. I know. I'm just saying, its no diferent from other streaming services, so having a aneurysm over an offical Apple one is kind of silly.
    Of corse it is, one streams from your OWN PC, while Apple's would stream from dedicated servers. HUGE difference. One would use a seperate app, the other would use the iPod app and would be built into iOS. HUGE difference.
    Last edited by farbod21; 11-16-2010 at 09:13 PM.
    11-16-2010 09:10 PM
    let down.
    beatles.
    11-16-2010 09:48 PM
    I think people are annoyed at how Apple handled the situation. They couldve announced a teaser or done something for the many people who have other wants from getting let down.

To me it was a huge ego trip for Jobs. He basically just declared victory over the music industry with this. He has conquered the old business model and planted his yellow submarine branded flag for all to see...

But in reality this shouldve been accomplished years ago and he should allow album only sales for artists that want that on itunes. This is more of a victory celebration for Jobs personally that it is a boon for Beatles fans, and that is why Im turned off by the "day we will never forget."
    quoted for truth

Of corse it is, one streams from your OWN PC, while Apple's would stream from dedicated servers. HUGE difference. One would use a seperate app, the other would use the iPod app and would be built into iOS'. HUGE difference.
    is this a possibility? and if so how long until we see this become a reality?
    11-17-2010 12:17 AM
    Well 2011 will be the 10 year anniversary of the iPod brand.
    11-17-2010 02:08 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD