iTunes cannot connect to store?

ferraristef

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys! I have a 3gS 32gb on 4.0 jailbroken with jailbreakme.com and unlocked. Baseband 5.13.04 I think

Ok so here is the problem...whenever I click on app store and go to updates it's says "iTunes cannot connect to store" message but when j go to like top apps they load and I can download also.

Is anyone else having this problem? I also tried shutting the phone off and turning back on.

Thanks!

Stef

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
try going to settings and logging out of iTunes on the phone. Then launch the Appstore and enter your PW info.

ferraristef

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I shut the phone off/ turn back on...nothing still shows cannot connect

Tried signing out and back in....nothing

And my credit card is not cancelled nor expired.

I can download apps from the AppStore, iTunes on my Mac works fine it's just when I click on updates in AppStore.

Thanks for the posts

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
and you wouldnt get that message if your credit/debit card was expired. You just get an payment error, since connecting to the store has nothing to do with your card on file.

I'm felling it might have to do with the jailbreaking. By chance, what are some of the things you done since jailbreaking?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Reset network settings...

Also check your date and time. Stores wont work unless the date and time are correct...

ferraristef

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
ok, I reset my network settings and it still ives me the error.
my date and time are perfect

I have winterboard, some themes but they are not on, ultrasn0w but I am on my carrier Bell and the iphone is bought from Bell so i really dont need unlock but its just in case, Sbsettings, bitesms, five icon dock, ssh, and thats it.

This only happened 2 nights ago, before then it was fine and I did not install anything since 2 weeks ago except some updates.

thanks for the reply

Stef

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
Try this:

1. SSH to /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist
2. back up (copy to computer or rename) and delete the file
3. Reboot

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you are using a bell phone on bell you don't need an unlock so why even bother you're just complicating things. You have a 3Gs so why not JB up to 4.1? What I would say is backup your phone and sync it then get a 4.1 firmware made with pwnage tool. I can do it for you if you'd like just PM me your email so I can send you the dropbox link. The custom firmware will keep your baseband and redoing the JB will reset the phone.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
If you are using a bell phone on bell you don't need an unlock so why even bother you're just complicating things. You have a 3Gs so why not JB up to 4.1? What I would say is backup your phone and sync it then get a 4.1 firmware made with pwnage tool. I can do it for you if you'd like just PM me your email so I can send you the dropbox link. The custom firmware will keep your baseband and redoing the JB will reset the phone.

Personally, I dont install ultrasn0w because I have AT&T but I do like to keep my baseband unlockable, just in case I travel with it and because when I sell, an unlocked phone has a higher value on the market than one that is locked...

ferraristef

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
ok so i backed it up and deleted it then rebooted. once booted all my apps were gone, then i checked app store to see if it works and i think it did because it just says no updates. then when i put the file back to see what happened i gave me the error so this fix does work but once i delete it again, can i get all my apps back?

stef

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
ok so i backed it up and deleted it then rebooted. once booted all my apps were gone, then i checked app store to see if it works and i think it did because it just says no updates. then when i put the file back to see what happened i gave me the error so this fix does work but once i delete it again, can i get all my apps back?

stef

Hmmm, it should rebuild automatically. If it doesnt, download guicache from cydia and use that to rebuild it.

ferraristef

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
its fixed!! I backed tracked to see what i installed and it was a dumb program that was giving me this error! now its all good! I have to redo my folders but i dont care lol.

to answer to Ipheuria I dont want 4.1 because i herd that the battery life is really bad. if this is not true please let me know :)

Thanks so much everyone!

Stef

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
its fixed!! I backed tracked to see what i installed and it was a dumb program that was giving me this error! now its all good! I have to redo my folders but i dont care lol.

to answer to Ipheuria I dont want 4.1 because i herd that the battery life is really bad. if this is not true please let me know :)

Thanks so much everyone!

Stef

Glad you figured it out. BTW, I havent had any battery issues with iOS 4.1 and greenpois0n.

ferraristef

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Glad you figured it out. BTW, I havent had any battery issues with iOS 4.1 and greenpois0n.

Really? Because my friend had a 3GS on 3.1.2 jailbroken with blackra1n. Long story short he installed an app that gave him major issues and the phone would not turn on. We tried it many times and nothing it would just freeze. Then I installed pwnagetool and made a custom 4.1 (he needed to unlock). Now everything works great for him but his battery life was like this...7am it was 100% then at 11am 4 hours later it was 33%. He did very light browsing but most of the time it was in his pocket.

Last night at 66% with data on...10 min later of doing nothing it was 62%.

I just don't want that to happen to me.

Not sure if this is normal and it also heats up for no reason.

Thanks!

Stef

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2