I have an iphone 4, Synced to my macBook laptop, everything works normally except.
    When I click on the button in iTunes that says apps (where i go to re-arrange my apps) No matter how many times I have arranged my apps in there and select the ones I want, When I unplug the iphone and plug it back in that apps screen always comes up with all the apps on the computer selected ready to be transfered to my phone (Like HUNDREDS of apps) all my previous selections/folders/arrangements are gone.
    I Never seen this before, has anyone encountered this and can offer some type of assistance.
    11-04-2010 12:38 PM
    Uncheck Sync All Apps and see if that fixes the issue.
    11-04-2010 01:27 PM
    I Did and it told me its going to remove all apps from my phone.
    11-04-2010 01:30 PM
    When I click on the button in iTunes that says apps (where i go to re-arrange my apps) No matter how many times I have arranged my apps in there and select the ones I want, When I unplug the iphone and plug it back...
    Just checking here, but after you do the arranging and checkmarking, you DO hit sync BEFORE unplugging the phone, right? The way that's written makes it sound like you do it all on your computer but never transfer that to the phone.
    11-04-2010 03:01 PM
    Yes I Do hit sync before unplugging the phone, all is fine up to that point. The problem comes when I disconnect and reconnect the iPhone.
    11-04-2010 03:12 PM
    I see...so it doesn't remember which apps you've checked and which you've unchecked. I haven't seen that before, but you should still try unchecking the Sync All Apps box. Since you have all your apps in iTunes it doesn't matter if they're removed from the phone--you just have to sync them back again, and maybe after that it won't try to sync all your apps anymore.
    11-04-2010 03:31 PM
    Thats correct It don't remember which apps I have checked or not checked, it just checks everything.
    I did think about unchecking everything and seeing what happened but will not revert alot of the app data (Like Progress in particular games, or movies in VLC) won't those stuff revert to the default settings if I Remove them?
    11-04-2010 03:36 PM
    Is this the second computer you're syncing your iPhone to? iTunes says that to me when I try to sync with my laptop rather than my desktop.
    11-04-2010 05:06 PM
    Its only one computer that i sync it on this is it. I do plug it into another computer at work but that's just for charging
    11-04-2010 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD