Im thinking about getting a season pass for The Walking Dead on iTunes. If I rent it on my iMac, can I then move the files around / download them also in my iPad? Or are they just more or less "stuck" on whatever device you place the rental on? It would be convenient, but not necessary.
    11-02-2010 08:32 AM
    I could be wrong but I believe they are tied to your iTunes account and you have up to 24 hrs to watch the show on whatever device you have linked to your iTunes account.
    11-02-2010 08:38 AM
    Ok cool thanks for the info. I had just rented a movie and I could have found out but I watched it and now its too late. I remembered some update that Apple just recently did with clarifying something about rentals streaming to Apple TV but I didn't know if that was the same thing or not. Anyway thanks! I'll rent it and find out for sure.
    11-02-2010 08:43 AM
    In case anyone else is interested, I came across this page after googling the topic:
    Apple ‘Clarifies’ Device-To-Device iTunes Rental Limits: Don’t Do It | paidContent

If I am reading that correctly, if you purchase a rental from your computer, you may move it to another device within the allotted timeframe. If you purchase a rental from a device such as iPhone or iPad, that is where it must stay and you cannot move it.
    11-02-2010 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD