Syncing w/ iTunes

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming this is a pretty basic question but I am a newbie and I'm not sure. Now that the phone is jailbroken, can I still sync with iTunes like normal or will I lose the jailbreak once I sync?? Thanks.

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
You can sync to iTunes as normal. Won't lose the jailbreak unless you upgrade to a newer version of iOS. Enjoy the jailbreak!

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Great, thank you for the info! Just one other thing, if I continue to sync w/ iTunes & then I have to do a restore for whatever reason, will it restore it with all the jailbreak stuff on it or just back to the way I had my phone configured & all my info without any of the jailbreak stuff?? Thanks.

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Restoring in iTunes does not restore the jailbreak. You have to re-jailbreak and load all the jb apps and settings back. But if you have to return the phone to Apple for service, restoring removes the jailbreak so they won't give you any problems for being a renagade.

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Great, thanks again! Just wanted to make sure if I had to restore that my phone would go back to the way I had it formatted and all my info (emails, texts, etc.) less the jailbreak.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox