iTunes in a new computer

Alkali

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I have no problem with itunes,outlook and my iphone 4 but need to change a new computer but how on earth do i transfer my all my DATA(music,contacts,program) on to the new computer without loosing them on my iphone.Installing and setting up my itunes may be easy but how about my ACCOUNT and tones of programs i have on my phone.I DO NOT WANT TO LOOSE THEM!

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
If it's the same account (which I assume it is), then go to Store > Authorize Computer, then with the iPhone plugged in to the computer go to File > Transfer Purchases.

This should (in theory, at least) transfer anything that you purchased or downloaded from iTunes from the phone to the computer.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I copy the itunes folder (both the aplication and the library) over exactly as before. Then I install iTunes over it. Works well...

Alkali

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
If it's the same account (which I assume it is), then go to Store > Authorize Computer, then with the iPhone plugged in to the computer go to File > Transfer Purchases.

This should (in theory, at least) transfer anything that you purchased or downloaded from iTunes from the phone to the computer.

Does this include all my music folders from my iphone, notes and all other things from my iphone to iTunes?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Do like farbod said. This is what I do as well. In addition to authorizing the new computer, you must copy your folders intact. Remember your iTunes settings are (probably) in your Documents directory, along with your ringtones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2