Multiple iTunes library's on one MacBook?

NeilWarner

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi all.

Just setup our new apple TV however there seems to be a problem, it's only letting me add one iTunes account. My Fiancee has a profile on our shared MacBook and her iTunes library that is full of content won't show despite having home sharing setup on both accounts.

Basically what we want to be able to do is to log into the MacBook with my profile for my content and to be able to log out of my profile so my my fiancee can sign in and get hers on the telly.

Anybody have any ideas?

So far looks great despite the above.

ghiebert

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Are both of your accounts set up to the same "home sharing" account? The Apple TV lets you enter one "home sharing" account, but you can have multiple computers, on different iTunes accounts, set up to share a single home sharing account.

It should show you the account for whatever user is currently running iTunes. I don't know if there's any way to have both libraries show up simultaneously, however. I have never tried this, but perhaps if you leave iTunes running under both accounts they will both show up. Otherwise you will have to login to the computer as the person whose library you want to access.

NeilWarner

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Cheers guys. Got it working now. Works really nicely. Didn't realise I could only have one home sharing account but have this linked to my partners iTunes account under home sharing and works perfectly.

Fantastic bit of kit so far.

ghiebert

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
For the record, I tried last night to run iTunes simultaneously on two separate login accounts on one computer. It worked great: ATV saw both libraries.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner