iTunes 10 Thoughts

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Ugh. Moving the close/minimize/maximize buttons to the side?! Horrible idea. And Ping navigation blows. Everything I click to take me back just one page takes me to the iTunes Store home page. Also, it'd be nice to see in-Ping song previews so I didn't have to navigate out of Ping to see if I like a song someone I follow posted.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I think ping on the iphone should have been an optional app to download, not just automatically added in to itunes on the phone. That said, I hate facebook and want it to die. That's my .02
I agree 100%!!!

I'm staying on iTunes 9 until Apple forces me to upgrade.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Only issue so far for me is that is lost all my album art. Which is a drag because a lot of it isn't available via the "get album artwork" button (old and obscure albums). Is there some way to find it in my old library?

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Only issue so far for me is that is lost all my album art. Which is a drag because a lot of it isn't available via the "get album artwork" button (old and obscure albums). Is there some way to find it in my old library?

Anyone else experiencing this? No chance in hell I'm upgrading to lose all my album art. Yes, I'm that fussy :p

seb_or_sam

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I hate iTunes with a passion- it violates the Unix philosophy of "a program should do one thing and do it well" in every way possible, and it has the most un-apple like design apple does. It's bloated. iTunes 10 still sucks, but it's slightly less terrible than iTunes 9. It's still no where near where it should be though- it needs to be broken down to separate apps. One for Music and Audiobooks, and maybe Podcasts, one for Movies and TV Shows, one for managing iOS apps. The iTunes store could be in all of them, I'm fine with that. I was really hoping 10 would be the redo we need for iTunes. But alas, it's not. Still, I'll use iTunes 10 for music at least. Every iTunes alternative out there- I've used them all- is just as bad or sometimes worse than iTunes, because they mimic iTunes. DoubleTwist is an example of this. Oh well.
*rant over*

Last edited:

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I like it so far. I love finding new music so we'll see how ping works out. I do hate ALL the gray. They need to have options for themes or colors or something other than gray.... :)

marksn1

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
iTunes 10 is a 1

While I see the value of iTunes on multiple levels and I also can see some value in the social networking of music, I was completely disappointed when I downloaded the latest version. First of all, although only cosmetic, I do miss the color. Next, the logo is no big thing either way but at least the change is a good one. Listing the albums with cover art for me is a bit confusing. They dont always line up properly and in a way is a big distraction as I search. Finally, they have totally removed the option of making ringtones in the iTunes program from purchased songs. Although, I personally did not use it often, members of my family did and when I went to make one for them this morning, I found it no longer exists at all within the iTunes program. I called Apple and got a Senior Advisor who confirmed this. The only way to get customized ringtones is to actually make them through Garage Band. Im sure I can do this but, it is just one more way Apple is getting me to use another of their programs rather than leaving it the way it was......pretty simple, effective and easy.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Like next week when you want to install iOS 4.1 or in November when you want iOS 4.2? :) #justsaying
Trust me... I will never want those insignificant so-called "upgrades".

Reception? Mine is fine.
Proximity sensor issues? I'm good.
Yellowing pictures? Nope.
Bluetooth connectivity and/or reception issues? Nada!

And I could care less about the camera's new HDR thingy because I rarely take pictures anyway. My current jailbreak runs smooth as silk and I don't feel the need to sacrifice that for the latest iOS nor am I compelled to disrupt my current music listening habits on iTunes just because there's a newer version which is not necessarily synonymous with "better".

:) justsaying

Last edited:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
For those who don't like the vertical layout of the close, minimize, and expand menu buttons, type this in Terminal with iTunes closed:

defaults write com.apple.iTunes full-window -boolean YES

Problem solved.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal