Hi there all,

I want to know if some of you guys know about any Cydia Package that prevents my iPhone from being erased with iTunes in case someone steals it.

I know there are a lot of packages out there that helps track your iPhone, but if the thief is smart enough, he/she will turn of the iPhone and later on, turn it ON just to erase it.

Please any suggestions I will really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Jaden
    08-29-2010 03:15 AM
    Personally, I'm not familiar with any app such as you seek. A thief need only change the SIM and they have an iPhone, almost untraceable...
    08-29-2010 12:22 PM
    en..............what you need to do is watch out your iPhone...
    08-29-2010 04:37 PM
    en..............what you need to do is watch out your iPhone...
    Haha yeah that's my baby
    08-29-2010 07:00 PM
    Hi there all,

I want to know if some of you guys know about any Cydia Package that prevents my iPhone from being erased with iTunes in case someone steals it.

I know there are a lot of packages out there that helps track your iPhone, but if the thief is smart enough, he/she will turn of the iPhone and later on, turn it ON just to erase it.

Please any suggestions I will really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Jaden

im sorry but i believe i am missing the benefit to this? i get wanting to wipe your data by why would you want it to be unwipeable? its not like the thief is going to be thwarted and return your device. hell most likely just toss it if this worked.
    08-30-2010 02:19 AM
    im sorry but i believe i am missing the benefit to this? i get wanting to wipe your data by why would you want it to be unwipeable? its not like the thief is going to be thwarted and return your device. hell most likely just toss it if this worked.
    Agreed. What you're asking for makes no sense. You should want to wipe it immediately if it's lost or stolen and have a backup available just in case you ever recover it.
    08-30-2010 08:52 AM
    now what would make sense is if you put a tracker on it and wanted to make it unwipeable so you can continue to track the phone...but other than that this seems quite pointless except he gets all your info and apps and what not.
    08-30-2010 12:59 PM
    now what would make sense is if you put a tracker on it and wanted to make it unwipeable so you can continue to track the phone...but other than that this seems quite pointless except he gets all your info and apps and what not.
    yea but just like IGOSLO said all u need to do is remove sim or put on airplane mode and they can make it untrackable it would be nice if you could enable a way to track it and not allow it to go into airplane mode.
    08-30-2010 02:29 PM
    If the iPhone is wiped out, it will be more easily for the thief to use it for him, I want him to get the iPhone useless (NOT ERASABLE, so in the mean while I can track it down with Cylay and even lock the shut down).

I really don't care about the data I have, no one will care when you have a $600 phone on your hands. What you will want to do is ERASE IT SO YOU CAN SELL IT OR USE IT.

I pretty do much with the 4 digit Lock Code because it would be difficult to make the combination (or at least time consuming).
    08-31-2010 04:02 AM
    No sense at all.

You put a tracker like Cylay, fine. You lost your iPhone, you look for a laptop to track it down.

You start to track it down, OK you get its location.

In the meanwhile, I (the thief) just plug it in my laptop, open iTunes, Click Restore and Ta Daaa!!! New iPhone for me! Without any junk and UNTRACEABLE!!!
    08-31-2010 04:07 AM
    You get to the point, "the thief will NOT return your device" so lest make it impossible to be ERASE so if I don't get my phone, HE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE IT as he cannot erase it.

If he continues to try to erase it I will be ABLE TO TRACK IT DOWN as it will be turned ON, 4 Digit Locked in LockScreen and with Cylay running.
    08-31-2010 04:11 AM
    Obviously all you have on your phone is a couple of Britney Spears CDs and pictures of your miniature poodle. Me- my data is far more valuable than the phone. I want my data wiped immediately if not sooner if my phone goes missing.
    08-31-2010 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD