Jailbroke iPhone
    2nd Generation
    3.1.3 Software

Is it ok for me to upgrade my iTunes to 9.2.1?

Trena in Texas
    07-22-2010 01:58 PM
    I have heard others who jb with spirit having problems with iTunes 9.2. Even on Spirit it recommends 9.1 or lower but my brother has 9.2 and jb and hasn't had any issues. If u aren't having any issues now, I wouldn't upgrade. Just my $0.02
    07-22-2010 03:47 PM
    Theres a way to fix spirit for itunes 9.2 but im not gonna be the guinea pig and update to 9.2.1
    07-22-2010 04:08 PM
    Why not that's how one evolves into a iPhone GURU... LOL
    Go ahead, you'll be a better iphone JB'r... LOL
    It's all part of livin on the edge... LOL
    07-22-2010 10:16 PM
    Why not that's how one evolves into a iPhone GURU... LOL
    Go ahead, you'll be a better iphone JB'r... LOL
    It's all part of livin on the edge... LOL
    Hah, maybe once my 4 arrives, its on its way.

After the **** and back i had to go thru because i messed up my first upgrade to 4.0, ugh. I had my shsh saved so i could get back to 3.1.3, but the jailbreak was spirit, and thats before spirit2pwn existed. Found the link to the how to on here and thats kind of how i arrived here.

dont wanna go thru another 2 day fight with the phone yet
    07-23-2010 03:17 AM
    That's why its SO IMPORTANT to use ALL the tools available BEFORE one JB'S. I've found just about every serenio here or at other sites along with the fix or warning. With all the Newbee's here who want it NOW, I'm NOT Surprised by some of the posts I've seen over the last few weeks. They go out and get the latest iPhone 4. By the way (still in my opinion), is in FIELD TESTING. Heard about JB and try it without investigation, then... BAM... TROUBLE... Then jump on the Formus and whine because they just broke their toy and want it fixed NOW...

Theringer, Just so I'm Not accused of something, I'm NOT talking about you...
    07-23-2010 07:07 AM
    That's why its SO IMPORTANT to use ALL the tools available BEFORE one JB'S. I've found just about every serenio here or at other sites along with the fix or warning. With all the Newbee's here who want it NOW, I'm NOT Surprised by some of the posts I've seen over the last few weeks. They go out and get the latest iPhone 4. By the way (still in my opinion), is in FIELD TESTING. Heard about JB and try it without investigation, then... BAM... TROUBLE... Then jump on the Formus and whine because they just broke their toy and want it fixed NOW...

Theringer, Just so I'm Not accused of something, I'm NOT talking about you...
    IGoSlo, I totally agree with you on that point. It seems that no one can resist hitting that upgrade button once they notice they can upgrade their firmware or iTunes without even doing their research or seeing if it can be jb or reversed if they don't like it. I don't see the need to always upgrade just bc u can. If what u have is working fine, why change? That's just my $0.02 on the matter.
    07-23-2010 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD