Okay I hate itunes still, how the h*ll do you get pictures off my phone????

Guru

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
I've been fiddling around with this for 20 minutes. Have NO idea how to get pictures off my phone. Want to upload them on my computer. Anyone? TIA!

I have enabled syncing of photos but I believe that only puts photos into the phone?

Last edited:

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
On a PC, you can simply plug your phone in and it should be recognized as a storage device. Open up my computer and you should see it listed. The rest should be self-explanatory.

Guru

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok got the pictures off phone so far so good. Thank you Lungho. Now then how do I get wallpapers in? I have the wallpapers on my desktop. Want to import them into the phone.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
1. Put the wallpapers in a folder of your choosing.
2. Open up iTunes w/ your phone plugged in.
3. Click on your phone in iTunes.
4. Then click the Photos tab near the top of the window.
5. Check: Sync Photos from... and then select: Choose Folders from the drop down menu
6. Browse to the folder you put your wallpapers in.
7. Sync your phone.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, iTunes is kinda funky. You'd think you could copy photos on the phone the same way you copy them off. But sadly that isn't the case. Maybe there's a better technique but this is what's always worked for me.

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
or if on a Mac, open iPhoto...as far as wallpapers...make a folder-name it whatever u like- go to itunes-photos tab-find folder-sync

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I had this same question! Thanks for answering. It's been such a pain as I only had 16 GB and I didn't know how to get the video off my phone w/o compressing it. I think that my smugshot app sends pics to SmugMug uncompressed, but video gets compressed everywhere. I feel so stupid for not trying to just navigate to the phone!

Guru

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Don't feel stupid Emily. In fact Itunes cumbersome interface was one big reason I left the original iphone years ago and was a Blackberry fanboy for the last 2 years. Maybe just needed some friendly and helpful folks to help me get comfortable in how Apple does things is all.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Don't feel stupid Emily. In fact Itunes cumbersome interface was one big reason I left the original iphone years ago and was a Blackberry fanboy for the last 2 years. Maybe just needed some friendly and helpful folks to help me get comfortable in how Apple does things is all.

As Guru said don't feel stupid, it happens to all of us at one point or another and Guru welcome back (made same jump back in Dec) :D

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
@Guru - Thanks! I really, really dislike the iTunes interface and try to use it as little as possible. Thanks for helping me find the answer! I'm up to over a gig free, which will have to do until I can get a 32 GB one! Much, much better than the 20 MB free, though!

Guru

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
No worries Emily. People are very helpful here I am finding. Just like Crackberry (which was a great board and I'll miss).
Thanks Cleveland. Yep now that the iphone finally has many of the features I just couldn't live without I am back. I do wish gmail push was faster and I STILL am cumbersome as my first make out session with the cut and paste on this thing.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
No worries Emily. People are very helpful here I am finding. Just like Crackberry (which was a great board and I'll miss).
Thanks Cleveland. Yep now that the iphone finally has many of the features I just couldn't live without I am back. I do wish gmail push was faster and I STILL am cumbersome as my first make out session with the cut and paste on this thing.

Cut and paste on my storm 2 was a HEADACHE... this is so much easier by far and it's the same concept except it actually works on the iPhone lol and I'm still a member of Crackberry, I just hang out in the iPhone forum there, some good peeps in there

Last edited:

Guru

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
Any tips on the cut and paste on this phone? My Bold 9000/9700 were awesome. Just hold a button down and scroll to the end of the text you want to copy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro