I am a newbie here and waiting to get my first iPhone - hopefully soon. My question: are iTunes gift cards usable to buy iPhone apps in the app store? Or are they separate and can only be used for music, videos etc? I see I can get iTunes gift cards for some of my Citi Thank You points, but would want to use them for apps.

Thanks.
    06-26-2010 08:12 AM
    Itunes gift cards can be used for apps, in-app purchases, music, tv shows, movies, music videos, books, basically anything available in itunes
    06-26-2010 08:14 AM
    Itunes gift cards can be used for apps, in-app purchases, music, tv shows, movies, music videos, books, basically anything available in itunes
    Si can I load the gift card in iTunes and let it sit there to be used up as I buy stuff?
    06-27-2010 07:11 AM
    Si can I load the gift card in iTunes and let it sit there to be used up as I buy stuff?
    Yes, just click "redeem". iTunes will add the gift card amount to your balance. You are then free to use it for any purchase in iTunes. I do it all the time.
    06-27-2010 09:19 AM
    We are using iTunes cards for purchase instead of Promocodes in some cases for trials and reviews of the eSkyGuide App so you def can use them for apps.

Just as a note: the eSkyGuide iPhone app is having a free giveaway for an iTunes card until the end of the month. Simple, simple to enter and so far not a big response so chances of winning are good. Good way to get free stuff for your iPhone. Just find them on Twitter or FB if you are interested.
    06-27-2010 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD