iPhone doesn't show anywhere except in iTunes.

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone working, tethering and syncing property but does not show anywhere else. I need to back up the photos after some recent events and on a PC which just creates an encrypted file in an Apple file folder. I can see the phone using an external program but the copy functions not there anymore. Picture wizard says there is no camera there.

Any ideas

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I would try to delete iTunes and then reinstall. That way it let's u install the iPhone files again. Hopefully that will let u copy the pics again.

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
How would it let me copy the pics again. Like in a jpeg format and where would it put them. I'm just trying to understand it a bit. ITunes is the only program that picks up the phone.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
whmurray
Originally Posted by rdiddy_25
I would try to delete iTunes and then reinstall. That way it let's u install the iPhone files again. Hopefully that will let u copy the pics again.
Windows system, right? Uninstall the device and re-install.

Correct.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
been there done that

I had a couple people with this same problem. Go into the Control Panel look for Scanner and Cameras or something similar I'm not on Windows right now so I can't tell you exactly. You should see your iPhone then you can either

a) right click it and choose properties and pick what happens when you connect the phone to the USB cable

b) double click it to open the phone up where you should see a DCIM folder in which are all your pictures.

If you don't see the phone PM me because the explanation of things to try might be very long and involved.

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
I had a couple people with this same problem. Go into the Control Panel look for Scanner and Cameras or something similar I'm not on Windows right now so I can't tell you exactly. You should see your iPhone then you can either

If you don't see the phone PM me because the explanation of things to try might be very long and involved.

Picture wizard says there is no camera there.

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
whmurray
Originally Posted by rdiddy_25
Windows system, right? Uninstall the device and re-install.

Correct.

So reinstall the device by uninstalling iTunes instead of deleting the device in Device Manager.

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Originally Posted by Listy
Yes, it's WinXP. Ok Will try that when I get home.
A) Device Manager I assuming.

B)So reinstall the device by uninstalling iTunes instead of deleting the device in Device Manager.

Currect.:)

Correct.....A or B?

Last edited:

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Nothing. I've tried it every which way but loose. Uninstalled in device manager. Reinstalled iTunes. Updated the drivers. I'm using XP Pro 2002 SPak 3.When I search for the iPhone with iTunes open or closed still hidden. If I plug it into another computer it doesn't show in that either. Had a client over last night and his iPhone showed up on both computers and both started the camera wizard, So I'm thinking it's something in the phone.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Nothing. I've tried it every which way but loose. Uninstalled in device manager. Reinstalled iTunes. Updated the drivers. I'm using XP Pro 2002 SPak 3.When I search for the iPhone with iTunes open or closed still hidden. If I plug it into another computer it doesn't show in that either. Had a client over last night and his iPhone showed up on both computers and both started the camera wizard, So I'm thinking it's something in the phone.

Then it is time to backup the iPhone, uninstall it, and restore to default setttings.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro