I just set up my personal iTunes iPhone account on my son's computer and then proceeded to download an app for his iPod Touch.

The app downloaded OK but would not install on this iPod because it said this computer was not authorized.

My question - is there any way around this problem and if not, how do I remove this account so he can set up his own, valid account?

Appreciate any and all suggestions.
    05-27-2010 08:52 PM
    You just need to sign out and have him set up his own iTunes account. Or you can just authorize that computer, whatever works out best for you.
    05-27-2010 11:16 PM
    I'm not 100% entirely sure, as I have never had to do this...But I know when you purchase apps (and other items) from iTunes you are able to authorize other computers to use it, I want to say the maximum is 5 computers.

If you open iTunes and click on "Store" on the menu bar on the top (File, Edit, View, etc.) there is an option to "Authorize Computer." You are prompted to enter in your iTunes login credentials and then you click "Authorize."

I assume this will fix the problem for you. However I'm not sure what else this allows your son access to, meaning will he be able to re-download all of the music/movies/applications you have purchased on your own private computer or if he will only have access to the items you have purchased and downloaded on his computer?
    05-27-2010 11:20 PM
    Many thanks for your reply - I will have my son give that a try.
    05-28-2010 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD