iTunes 'Removes' iPad Apps from iPad, on every-other sync

tmo4ever

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so first let me say that I'm a total newbie, and my 32 GB iPad is my first-ever apple product.

I have a PC with iTunes 9.1.1 on it and ever since i have purchased the damn thing, all my apps are removed when i Sync(only iPad apps - all iphone or iphone/ipad shared apps are fine).

Then, I sync again, and everything is installed again. The problem is i have to reconfigure my ipad apps each time this happens. I feel like I'm going crazy. I almost screen-casted the whole thing so people would believe me.

I can't be the only one, right?

Anyone know of a fix that works? I tried unchecking the sync-apps option, then re-enabling it, but no success.

Help! I want to love this thing!

minimo3

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I noticed that the 2nd time I synced. Oddly enough iTunes defaults to unchecked for "Sync Apps." Just leave it checked.

Dgraja

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. I tried to sync some books and it tried to remove everything else on the ipad (music, apps, videos, etc.). Had to cancel the books sync.

the apps sync seems to become unchecked periodically.

A bug?

guinness0514

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Yeah this issue is starting to bug me...I have apps with info saved and this issue deletes them and I have to reload and add the info all over again. It really drives me nuts with games I play, cause I lose my place and have to start over again. It seems to not transfer some apps that I download directly on the iPad, when you go to sync up to a computer (I am using a PC) it will back up ok and will transfer purchases, but it seems to miss some of the apps, like it won't auto check the box?? But sometimes it won't even transfer them over and then goes to delete them. Others having this issue?

Phiasko

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Same thing just happened to me on my first sync. I was careful to make sure everything was right, having had problems with the iPod over the years, and was reticent to click sync on anything for fear of something like this happening...and of course it did. First it updated of all my apps....then deleted them all. I was so angry I immediately Googled it before I tried to fix and now I see what the rest of my afternoon will consist of. Another reason I am not am Apple sycophant.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR