iTunes 9.1 and syncing JB phones

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I have heard that the new iTunes update breaks syncing when you have a JB phone. Can anyone confirm this? I would test it, but my phone isn't JB.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I've heard that it only applies to jailbroken iPhones that run Windows. All people with Mac OSX don't seem to be having those troubles.

wheelman1976

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Forgive me for the stupid question, I only know enough to be dangerous. But I updated to 9.1 on my macbook before I ever saw this b/c I'm picking up an ipad Saturday. I am jailbroken on my ipod and iphone with blackra1n on here as well. Do I have an issue now? I set my itunes to not sync at all unless instructed, but I guess I better ask questions first before going any further. Can anyone advise? Do I not have to worry b/c I used blackra1n on mac?

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Glad I didn't update yet. So tired of this cat n mouse game with Apple.

**UPDATE** Looks like a fix is on the way.

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Last edited:

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Yeah. Even though it was great at the time, it seems like blackra1n is pretty broken after all. Blake needed to be released by someone else with a bunch of fixes, and blackra1n also caused quite a few issues as well. I'm not sure, I think next jailbreak I do I may wait for the dev-team or ih8sn0w to release some tools. :|

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I dunno that I'd call blackra1n broken by any means. Yes, people had issues with it, but you can't say that nobody had issues with redsn0w or sn0wbreeze ( there were a LOT of problems with sn0wbreeze initially, to where even the likes of MuscleNerd said to keep away from it ).

Blackra1n relied on a DLL iTunes installed. Apple changed the DLL and it effected blackra1n. It's an easy thing to change though, and the only thing that "broke" was being about to USE blackra1n, not ability to sync the phone.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
looks to be Windows-only...

I had the same experience as msm0511.

I grabbed the latest OS X update on my MacBook this morning, verified that I'm running iTunes 9.1. Hooked up my 3GS (3.1.2) jailbroken, and it sync'd w/o issue.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Windows and Blackr1n was a bit of a pain for me. I had to keep trying different things before I could get it to work properly. Finally on the 5th attempt, I broke out of jail successfully and haven't stopped running since.:cool:

keepitgreen

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I've got a jailbroke 3Gs with 3.1.2, running windows xp, and i upgraded to itunes 9.1 last night. I didn't even realize that there was a sync issue, but I haven't had a single problem yet. In fact, i just synced my iPhone to check and see and no problem whatsoever... Is this an isolated issue, or am i just lucky?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I've got a jailbroke 3Gs with 3.1.2, running windows xp, and i upgraded to itunes 9.1 last night. I didn't even realize that there was a sync issue, but I haven't had a single problem yet. In fact, i just synced my iPhone to check and see and no problem whatsoever... Is this an isolated issue, or am i just lucky?

The change only keeps blackra1n from running, not iTunes from syncing.

mysterio

May 7, 2009
Visit site
geoh0t and devteam used different methods for their jailbreak. That's why only redsn0w and pwnagetool were not affected by iTunes 9.1.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW