I'm trying to jailbreak my Iphone (from a WinXP PC). It was supposed to be simple, and it starts that way, the little Blackra1n window says "running", the Iphone shows a plug & Itunes icons, and itunes automatically opens on the PC. Eventually, the Blackra1n window says "done waiting for reboot", but the phone never reboots (30 min). Tried it three times, same result (insanity thing)...

Phone has never been tampered with before. OS 3.1.3

I've disconnected and rebooted manually. Phone still looks the same as before. What is a blackra1n'ed Phone supposed to look like. Is there any documentation/help available? Where. Is Itunes supposed to open by itself? What am I supposed to do with it, etc?

Pehaps it worked and I just don't recongnize it. Are there "next steps" I need to do???

need help :-{
    Last edited by RickT; 03-02-2010 at 06:36 PM.
    03-02-2010 06:17 PM
    Blackra1n doesn't work with OS 3.1.3

That's your problem.
    03-02-2010 06:41 PM
    ok thanks much :-)
    (p.s. doesn't say anything on blackra1n screen re supported OS's) :-(
    03-02-2010 09:42 PM
    No, you get that information from the blackra1n website or the developer, Geohot's blog.

Or, you could read this blogsite, or any thread posted within the past two weeks. Unfortunately, you can't jailbreak/unlock until a newer OS comes out, either 3.2 or maybe even 4.0. I'm sure something will be worked out soon.
    03-02-2010 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD