whenever I connect at work it keeps warning me that if I sync , it will erase all the apps on my iphone!! how do I download the apps that I bought to my work computer as well ?

Thanks in Advance
    01-29-2010 03:26 PM
    you can only sync to a single computer and to sync to a new computer it has to wipe the stuff off the phone and sync what's on that computer

right click on the phone and choose transfer purchases
    01-29-2010 03:29 PM
    man that sucks !
    01-29-2010 04:07 PM
    Have the same question! Bump
    02-08-2010 01:47 PM
    Have the same question! Bump
    did you read the thread? it was answered
    02-08-2010 02:27 PM
    If I have new programs in my iPhone and I connect my iPhone 3gs either to my computer at home or at work iTunes says: you have new programs and they need be transferred to the computer, otherwise I will delete them from your iPhone.

isn't that like syncing iphone with 2 computers?
    02-11-2010 07:03 AM
    If I have new programs in my iPhone and I connect my iPhone 3gs either to my computer at home or at work iTunes says: you have new programs and they need be transferred to the computer, otherwise I will delete them from your iPhone.

isn't that like syncing iphone with 2 computers?
    No.

Transfering purchases is a one-way copy.

Syncronizing is a two-way copy, often with conflict management. the critical point is that with itunes, if you were synchronizing you would never get that message. when itunes synchronizes it automatically copies the new items off the phone for you before it copies new items to the phone (it does this for itunes store items only)
    02-11-2010 09:48 AM
    I've been fighting with these types of issues for about 2 months now. I called Apple (again) today to specifically talk about this issue. Here is what they told me. I won't know for sure if it works until tomorrow.

I sync Outlook contacts & calendar at work (2nd computer) and everything else at home (1st computer). Lately it has been deleting most of my apps on my phone.

The iPhone only "syncronizes" with Outlook, trading latest info between phone and computer. All others (music, podcasts, apps) only download from computer to the phone. The good thing is that you can't delete music or an app permanently off your computer accidently by deleting it from your phone.

You must have your iTunes on the 2nd (work) computer setup up to only sync Outlook and Apps. All the others (music, videos, etc.) must be unchecked. Also, in order not to lose your music after syncing with the 2nd computer you must uncheck the "Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected" checkbox on the Summary page in iTunes; check the "Manually Manage Music and Videos" checkbox on the Summary page in iTunes; on Info page in iTunes Check "Sync Contacts with Outlook" and "Sync Calendar with Outlook" checkboxes ONLY on the second (work) computer (not on #1 computer at home); Check "Sync Applications"; uncheck sync music, videos, podcasts, etc.

To prevent losing apps:
    After all that is done, on 2nd computer iTunes Right-click DeviceName (name of your iPhone in left side of iTunes under Devices) and click Transfer Purchases. Then you can sync. We'll have to do this two set process every time we buy a new application.

PS - I think it is a good idea to do this with your primary computer too after buying an app on the phone just to make sure it gets backed up on the computer.
    02-11-2010 07:09 PM
    hermand- you describe THE most annoying aspect of syncing the iphone. I know it works too, yet it shouldn't take that many words to sync to two computers.
    02-11-2010 09:50 PM
    I couldn't agree more. I'm at work now and just did the sync as described above and it worked. This is the first day in 2 months after a sync that I haven't wanted to throw my phone down the hall.
    02-12-2010 09:37 AM
    Now I just realized that my Password Keeper app got reset somewhere during all this deleting and all my passwords are gone. I had already discovered that other app data was missing, such as my status within games, etc.

Apple has a LOT of room for improvement on synchronizing.

In order to get my contacts from my work Outlook to home I pulled out my old BlackBerry. It couldn't be done thru my iPhone.
    02-12-2010 09:42 AM
    This is the process I used to sync my iPhone with multiple computers:
    02-16-2010 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD