windows 7 not compatible with itunes?

vels_11

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
hi,
i am currently using windows 7. i tried to jailbreak it on here and it went to recovery mode. it won't go out, i've tried everything.
i read that windows 7 isn't compatible with itunes.. so i plugged in my ipod, and it froze, i'm thinking its in recovery mode too.
i originally jailbroke my phone the first time on windows xp, it worked fine. do you think i just need to restore it on windows xp?
thanks abunch.

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
iTunes works fine on my win7-computer. Perhaps your jailbreak is tethered. Do a search here on the forum to learn more about tethered jailbreak.
Have you installed the chipset-drivers for your motherboard?

phantomgrave

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
whats a tethered jailbreak?
:/
A post from LVCIFER from the "Restart won't work" thread:
LVCIFER said:
TETHERED JAILBREAK!!!

Do a search for "tethered jailbreak"!

If this is a new 3G, then it can still be jailbroken or unlocked, but you just can't ever let the battery die, or reboot the iPhone when the iPhone is not near a computer.

Why?

The phone is new. Apple updated the hardware on newer models. Ultimately, when you get the "Connect to iTunes" message, DO NOT RESTORE.

Connect the iPhone to the computer, spend 30 seconds, run Blackra1n RC3/4, RE-jailbreak, and that's it.

It takes less than a minute.

I'd post a link to it but I haven't reached 10 posts yet. :p

EDIT: I also can confirm Windows 7 isn't the problem as I've jailbroken both a iPhone 2G & 3G in W7 64-bit and didn't have a single problem. :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative