I am the proud new owner of an iPhone and up until now have had no issues. I instantly connected up with iTunes and had no problem downloading apps and syncing etc.

I noticed that the iPhone was not showing up in My Computer, but resolved this by deleting it in Device Manager and re connecting and it was found.

Since then (I THINK) my iPhone will no longer connect with iTunes. I have deleted iTunes and reinstalled it and this didn't work either.

Any ideas please?
    01-17-2010 04:49 AM
    uninstall itunes, QT, apple app support, bunjour, aple mobile supp, and the other apple one lol.
    then restart, and reinstall itunes
    try different ports, different cables, and then ultimately, a different computer.
    01-17-2010 10:07 AM
    Cheers that has worked, but now it isn't showing on my computer.

To resolve this issue I did the following:

Connect your iPhone by USB, then open Windows Device Manager (right-click My Computer and select Manage). You may find your iPhone under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, where mine was, or possibly under Portable Devices. At any rate if your phone can sync with iTunes it will be in there somewhere. It should be called Apple Mobile Device USB Driver or something like that. When you find it, right-click and select Uninstall but dont remove the files from the PC. Theres nothing wrong with the files (probably) its just the device registration that has become cactus.

Once uninstalled disconnect the device and reconnect again. After a minute you should see the device registered correctly, iTunes fires up and Windows Explorer shows your iPhone as a camera again. Job done.

So I think it is one or the other and not bot
    01-17-2010 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD