Two laptops, Two Itunes, One iPhone, Help!

unspoken

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Sorry for the "not so clear topic name" but I am writing this on behalf of my boss that just got his Iphone. He is having me set up everything because he does not know very much about computers and so on, so here I am posting a question on his behalf.

This is the situation:

He has his work laptop (windows XP) that he is using for a majority of the time. This is the computer he is syncing his iPhone with to get all the outlook calendars and so on to his phone.

Now, he also has a netbook that he uses for travel and he would love for his iphone to be able to update his netbooks calendar. Right now when he syncs his iPhone to the netbook it asks him if he wants to Replace all the information on the iPhone or Merge the information.

Is there any way for his iPhone to be the device that updates his netbook's calendar? Is there perhaps some other software that you know of that does this?

I am sure there are other people that have run into this using multiple computers with more than one calendar.

Anyone that can give me an advice?

Much appreciated,
Alex

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
you have only one option to do this-

purchase and setup mobile me.

then setup all three devices to sync to mobile me. he won't have to hookup the phone to sync anymore this way, just have the computer in question be on the Internet and the phone have an internet connection as well.

the manually sync'd calendar can only sync to a single computer.

alternately, for free he could switch to google calendars on the desktop and use webdav to add google calendar on the phone. I am not sure if google calendar syncs with the desktop but if the desktop client supports webdav it might

unspoken

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
The claws of MobileMe... isn't that a subscription fee that goes with that?

Hm, I wonder if there is an outlook application for windows that syncs two calendars together and then you can sync your iphone to either one you are using. Any idea on that approach?

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The claws of MobileMe... isn't that a subscription fee that goes with that?

Hm, I wonder if there is an outlook application for windows that syncs two calendars together and then you can sync your iphone to either one you are using. Any idea on that approach?

you can still only sync with one desktop computer at a time. you would have to replace the calendar data every time.

the syncing method is called Exchange

note: I edited my first post, go reread it if you haven't

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2