Hi all, can someone please help me. When I connect my phone via the USB cable, windows comes up with USB Device not recocognised. It was working but now sadly it is not recogninised by I Tunes . Hoping someone has an answer. Ken.
    12-23-2009 05:24 AM
    Have you tried another cable? Things like this Happened to me alot when my cable was broken..
    12-23-2009 07:31 AM
    Have you tried another cable? Things like this Happened to me alot when my cable was broken..
    Failing that, try a different USB socket on your computer.
    12-23-2009 08:45 AM
    Failing that, try a different USB socket on your computer.
    I have heard of that before. Less likely it is your iphone.
    12-23-2009 01:46 PM
    Open Device Manager and find your iPhone in the list. Right click and select Uninstall. Once it's complete, disconnect/reconnect your iPhone. Windows will detect the iPhone and reinstall the driver.
    12-23-2009 01:48 PM
    Hi Guys, thanks for your replies. I have tried all of these things with no success. My phone is not recognised in Device Manager, it is only listed as an unknown Device. Will restoring my phone help???? I even tried it on my wifes laptop and had the same result so I am fairly sure it is not my computer at fault.
    Last edited by Kenlec666; 12-23-2009 at 03:52 PM.
    12-23-2009 03:49 PM
    Hi Guys, thanks for your replies. I have tried all of these things with no success. My phone is not recognised in Device Manager, it is only listed as an unknown Device. Will restoring my phone help???? I even tried it on my wifes laptop and had the same result so I am fairly sure it is not my computer at fault.
    that sounds like it's not loading the drivers right (corrupted) or the device is bad
    12-23-2009 04:08 PM
    that sounds like it's not loading the drivers right (corrupted) or the device is bad
    That is what windows is basically telling me but how do I go about fixing it.??????
    12-23-2009 04:30 PM
    That is what windows is basically telling me but how do I go about fixing it.??????
    Even though the iPhone is listed as an unknown device, you should still go through the steps that I listed for uninstalling/reinstalling it (if you haven't already done so).
    12-24-2009 09:29 AM
    Even though the iPhone is listed as an unknown device, you should still go through the steps that I listed for uninstalling/reinstalling it (if you haven't already done so).
    thanks Rich, have tried that to no avail. I fear I will have to go to dealers to get it sorted out. I am still convinced it is a phone issue not a computer issue. I have tried 4 other IPhones on my computer, all with success.
    12-26-2009 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD