Hi another question guys.. if you have 2 iphones connected to one itunes, I notice that itunes does recognize the different iphones, but when you look at the applications tab, it lists all my apps and my wife's apps that are available to sync. Why can't itunes show just the apps that are on my wife's iphone to sync instead of showing mine too, when it knows that my wife's iphone is the one connected? It just doesn't seem to play nice to multiple iphones being used on one itunes.
    12-21-2009 10:29 AM
    I hate this also, I just don't sync apps on one of my iPhones. I don't think there is a fix for this.
    12-21-2009 10:44 AM
    Oh, great. Ok, thanks for confirming that.
    12-21-2009 11:40 AM
    Assuming you're on Windows the best way to do this is with multiple accounts. I don't think there's any other way around it though. I agree, it's not something Apple really thought through very well for the multiple iPhone household.
    12-21-2009 12:13 PM
    if the apps are tied to the phone what happens if your phone breaks and gets a new one? how does itunes know what apps you want to have to sync? it does it in a windows friendly way that makes you never have to tie apps to phones. it uses your itunes instance which is part of your windows user profile.

because you are not using multiple windows user accounts you're accessing a single instance of itunes basically you're syncing from an account to a device. there's no saved device profile except for backups

should there be? maybe
    12-21-2009 12:43 PM
    ...this is similar to the other thread, each user should have their own Windows account(s). It will help all round in the end. Just like big9erfan was saying.
    12-21-2009 01:43 PM
    ...this is similar to the other thread, each user should have their own Windows account(s). It will help all round in the end. Just like big9erfan was saying.
    Ok, stupid question then....how does one set up a second windows user account on the same computer?
    12-21-2009 08:11 PM
    Ok, stupid question then....how does one set up a second windows user account on the same computer?
    What version of windows are you running?
    12-21-2009 08:14 PM
    I'm running XP.
    12-21-2009 09:00 PM
    I'm running XP.
    Here: Windows XP: Create and customize user accounts
    12-22-2009 07:26 AM
    Tramain has pointed you in the right direction with regards to creating Windows accounts.

The only thing I say to remember is this, when logging in as user B (since you're user A in this example), make sure your iPhone is NOT connected to the computer. I'm not sure of the implications, but I always tend to make sure when I or the Mrs. is logging in, the other persons respective iPhone is not connected...
    12-22-2009 07:35 AM
    Hey, thanks Tramain and Navi!
    12-22-2009 10:19 AM
    Hey, thanks Tramain and Navi!
    Always glad to help!
    12-22-2009 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD