iTunes one way / two way address book sync?

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I just got my wife a 3GS, and we are sharing one computer to use iTunes. Can you sync address books in a one way fashion like you can in Blackberry's device manager, or is it only a two sync operation?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
As far as I know, it's two way, i.e. it will merge the data. But, what I did on my pc was the Mrs. has her own Windows profile, and I have my own. So, my iPhone will sync with my Outlook, and thus my data, and when she logs in, her iPhone & iTouch will sync with her Outlook data...

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Ah, thanks. Would've been nice to be able to desginate a one way sync when needed. I had mistakenly synced all my contacts onto her phone initially, and then would've liked to just resync her iPhone to her yahoo contact list, but then it would sync all my contacts on her phone to her yahoo account too, if it was a two way sync.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Haha. I guess the term isn't exactly right, but blackberries' device manager does give you more options in syncing. My example being a perfect example how a one way sync from yahoo account to iPhone would've saved me from having to manually delete all my contacts from het phone before resyncing to her yahoo account.

Last edited:

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Haha. I guess the term isn't exactly right, but blackberries' device manager does give you more options in syncing. My example being a perfect example how a one way sync from yahoo account to iPhone would've saved me from having to manually delete all my contacts from het phone before resyncing to her yahoo account.

I agree it would be a useful feature.

I expect Apple will implement most of the basic PIM features other platforms have since they're a long way to go in that area

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen