Hi everyone i have an iPhone 2G which i bought over 3 weeks ago and have never been able to connect to iTunes store. I simply get the error "cannot connect to iTunes store".

I have posted on mac rumours forums. If you wish to read it, its thread 831127 but not been able to paste link due to new registration. That however didnt turn up an answer anyhow and the problem still persists.

I cannot be the only person experiencing this problem so i'll keep trying in a bid to make my newly purchased iPhone workable!

I currently have firmware 3.1.2. installed by have tried an number of other firmwares including: 1.1.4, 2.2.1, 3.0 & 3.1.2 along with others that i can't remember. I often get the error "wrong firmware bundle" selected within pwnage tool, i have checked on iClarified and it seems i am downloading te correct versions?

I use pwnage tool on a mac to unlock/ jailbreak the phone each time but have one of 2 possible outcomes: a) the phone only makes emergency calls (if i dont use bootneuter to unlock.. my carrier is T-mobile) or b) i can access the dashboard, internet via wifi and make fonecalls but cannot connect to iTunes or Appstore.

Someone mentioned on my previous thread that jailbreaking the phone shouldn't have any effect on connecting to the iTunes store... somehow i don't believe her as i'm still at square 1, 3 weeks later...

Also i don't seem to find all the decent apps via Cydia (such midi controller apps, drum machines and productivity apps etc) how do i access these? I know i need to add sources but which ones are great?

Also i have something called Icy on the dashboard which is very limited and Installer which always comes up with an error that it cannot connect with ispazio repository? any hints on this would be helpful...

In fact any help on how to resolve this iTunes store connection problem will be very welcome... I don't mind re-jailbreaking the phone to try again though if i dont have to, would great because i have no other phone...

12-16-2009 06:05 PM
    Im a PC user but it may work on the MAC(i think) Try to close iTunes...go into the tool taskbar and kill processes like iTunes and iTunes Helper then i opened iTunes and i was ok...hope this works for u
    12-16-2009 06:46 PM
    Hi, i have a PC too but i dont really see how killing iTunes processes on the pc will help my iPhone connect to the iTunes store?

The problem lays with the phone not my mac...i can connect without problem on my computers (PC & MAC)
    12-16-2009 09:56 PM
    Um... I think the problem is that his T-Mobile account may not have data.

Can you connect to iTunes just fine by using the USB cable? Meaning, can you purchase music and apps on your computer, and sync them through a standard USB sync?
    12-16-2009 10:06 PM
    Get rid of Icy AND Installer, they've BOTH been abandoned by their developers. Use Cydia and Rock.

But try to figure out the iTunes/App Store problem first.

Can you connect to them while you're on WiFi?
    12-16-2009 10:09 PM
    Okay, so you CAN connect without any problems on your home computers. Okay.

Well, like I said, it seems as if your T-Mobile account does not include data. I'm pretty sure that you can get mail.

Can you access the Internet while on T-Mobile Edge network?
    12-16-2009 10:11 PM
    Hey Lucifer, when you say my t-mobile account does not include data, im not sure what you mean. I have free web n walk bundle which gives me access to the internet whenever i need it. I can access the web from my mobile via my own wifi router and from the t-mobile internet network.. there's no issue with that, if i try to connect to the app store via either network (my own wifi or edge) i get the error message.

Thanks for being clear about icy and installer... believe me, they caused me a lot of confusion... Could you provide i tiny bit more detail on Rock? Its the first i've heard of it... thanks
    12-17-2009 05:29 AM
    I have done a search and found out that i need to install blackr4in in order to get Rock on my phone. I have a unibody MBP so i imagine i need to run my iphone through a usb hub (as the walkthrough suggests?)...

Anyhow i have a question... Everyone is talking about jailbreaking iphones, now i thought the reason for doing so is obviously to get away from the greedy cluteches of Apple, but also because there's a big community making free apps for teh iphone?

Now cydia and rock provide paid for apps right? I don't have a problem with paying for an app that i like, problem is i can't find any of the apps im really after such as "ITM midilab" on either platform.. hence the reason why i'm so desperate to get connected to the app store!
    12-17-2009 05:56 AM
    So?

Merry Xmas everyone
    12-17-2009 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD