Hi all, great site happening here. I was wondering if anyone can help me with this , i'm not sure if it has been previously posted or if anyone has had this problem but here goes.

My PC does not aknowledge my jailbroken iPhone. Not only does Itunes not recognize it but when i hook it up to my pc and one of my PCs they dont even aknowledge its connection for me to get in to itunes. The weird thing is, while hooked up to the PC i'm supposed to see some type of mesage, whether te battery is charging or something, right? But nothing...absolutely nothing happens. I thought it was the iphones connector slot...but When i use a wall charger though or my car charger it responds normaly! Can anyone help me with this . I cant even connect it to my pc to update it. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Aris
    12-12-2009 03:48 PM
    Sounds like a bad cable. Have you tried a different one?
    12-12-2009 05:40 PM
    If your USB port isn't providing power you would not see it charging

if your phone was jailbroken wrong it might not connect
    12-12-2009 06:28 PM
    If it was jailbroken wrong then how do i fix the problem. Other than the fact that it doesnt want to connect to the computer , it runs well. No problems with it and it responds well too. As i mentioned before, it charges only with wall charger and car charger but not with pc. Any ideas? How do i undo the jailbreak if thats the problem? If i got o an Apple store and inquire about it, knowing that most of these guys working there have jailbroken iphones, you think i would be blacklisted? Thanks for ur help in advance.
    12-12-2009 09:16 PM
    Could there be 2 diferent cables , one for charging and the other for recognition by the computer? I read that in another blog. I'm using my kids itouch cable...is it the same? What do u think? Thanks
    12-13-2009 12:09 AM
    The USB cable provided is all you need. What you read in a different blog is incorrect. When pluged into the computer it should be recongnized and charge. If it is doing neither, I would try a different USB port. If the problem persist, use the (same) provided USB cable on a different PC.
    12-13-2009 01:40 AM
    Thanks, I've tried that and nothing. It will charge with wall and car charger but not the PC. I'm realy stuck as to what to do. I mean the phone works great except for that problem! Any other ideas ? Thanks
    12-13-2009 08:51 AM
    Are you plugging it in directly into the computer or into a USB hub? Does the computer even recognize that a device was plugges in? What operating system are you using?
    12-13-2009 11:43 AM
    I've plugged it in via usb but no recognition by the pc at all.....even when i went to the apple store the guy plugged it into his mac and nothing happened! The he told me that he would not be able to do anything further because it was jailbroken. I've tried diferent cables , all the resets from apple ...from my pc and nothing....yet it works fine and charges everywhere else. Help!!
    12-13-2009 11:53 AM
    My only other suggestion is to try putting it into DFU mode and try restoring it from there, but that may leave you with a brick of a phone if the computer will not recognize it at all.
    12-13-2009 05:15 PM
    honestly, you should try running blackra1n again and seeing if IT recognizes it.. i dunno.. might work.. try iphone specific tools.
    12-13-2009 05:39 PM
    how do i put it in DFU mode? And what will that do? Thanks
    12-13-2009 06:02 PM
    I've lso tried to install blackra1n but i.m on FW 3.0 which i think i need 3.1 for BR, and i cant install it threw my iphone ...it says cant install cuz some of the dependencied are not there, which i figred it was FW 3.1.
    12-13-2009 06:04 PM
    how to put your phone into dfu mode:

Step 1. Turn off your iPhone.
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that its in restore mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iphone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.
    12-14-2009 11:53 AM
    If your using 3.0 then you need to use purplera1n.
    12-23-2009 05:44 PM
    Hmm, man it is DFU or nothing. You have to go for it. It is a string of button presses. Do a quick google search to find out how.

As a side note, I used to be a jailbreaker, then I went legit because of how unstable some things are in jailbreak. Just a danger of jailbreaking.
    12-24-2009 02:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD