Help! I have had this problem before but it was with a completely different iPhone and a different computer so I thought I was done with this problem.

When my phone was connected to the computer (an acer aspire netbook which I have had for only one month) all of a sudden the bar in iTunes that shows memory used went to orange showing free memory where there previously were songs, videos and tv shows. Even though the program shows that there is free space it is not free for some reason - although the songs and videos are all gone. On my iPhone the memory shows as used up. Last time I had this problem I had to restore my phone to factory defaults and I have programs in there that I really don't want to have to reset.

Is there any way to clear up this memory without factory restoring my phone?

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Rissasmom043; 12-09-2009 at 07:45 PM.
    12-09-2009 07:28 PM
    If your phone is jailbroken you can copy the application,restore,and rejailbreak/unlock with ra1n and sn0w. if its not jailbroken heres a tip:

try unsyncing everything with your phone, but sync that application you want to save. once you sync it, you will pretty much always have it (not the data that you put in there after the sync per say). once its synced lose that too. make sure your not synced to anything on that computer. then start removing all the stuff from the iPhone. that means: Music, Movies, Apps, TV Shows, podcast, everything and anything. (THIS DOES NOT MEAN GO CHINKIN ROUND INSIDE YOUR ROOT DIR DELETING EVERYTHING)

see if that helps. if not, then it must be user error.
    12-11-2009 08:49 AM
    Rissasmom043-

can your clarify if it's orange? orange means there is "other" items on the phone. white is free space.

what are you choosing to sync to your phone? if you remove all the checkboxes in itunes and sync so it's removed (transfer any purchases off the phone first) does the orange go away?

the last time my other dropped down is when I removed all my media from the phone
    Last edited by Leanna Lofte; 12-17-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: cleaned up post
    12-11-2009 02:00 PM
    Help! I have had this problem before but it was with a completely different iPhone and a different computer so I thought I was done with this problem.

When my phone was connected to the computer (an acer aspire netbook which I have had for only one month) all of a sudden the bar in iTunes that shows memory used went to orange showing free memory where there previously were songs, videos and tv shows. Even though the program shows that there is free space it is not free for some reason - although the songs and videos are all gone. On my iPhone the memory shows as used up. Last time I had this problem I had to restore my phone to factory defaults and I have programs in there that I really don't want to have to reset.

Is there any way to clear up this memory without factory restoring my phone?

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Thank you.
    the only way that i know to get rid of this is to do a restore. you can prolly do one from a backup first to see if it fixes the problem. if not, you'll need to do a full restore. something has gotten corrupted in the memory. i had a friend do this about a month ago and it was the only fix.
    12-11-2009 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD