Wot will itunes remove?

gooner#IM

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi there, does anybody know if when syncing a jailbroken 2g phone ( and it starts to remove 3rd party apps when u are trying to sync lets say a paid app from the istore) will it only remove the 3rd party apps that were unpaid or will it completely remove cydia, winterboard etc, im happy to sync and loose the unpaid 3rd party apps but i want my phone to remain jailbroken and unlocked but worried that it will delete everything 3rd party??

Mny thanx

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Your jailbroken applications will remain on your phone, iTunes won't even see them. The only time you lose your jailbreak apps (if you're not messing around with SSH) is when you restore your phone, or delete them through Cydia.

gooner#IM

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
so in this case when i was trying to sync an alarm clock app from itunes store it proceeded to remove several games that were already on the phone that the previous owner had installed ( connect 4, hangman etc) im assuming that because these were maybe not purchased thats why it was removing them before installing the alrm clock app?

Many thanks

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I think it's b/c it was sync'd to a different computer, but now that you've sync'd it against yours it will be fine. When you download an app on the phone it will transfer it to the PC on a sync.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro